The Student Room Group

Dentistry in Romania

Why study dentistry in Romania (Iasi)

Hey, I am currently studying dentistry in Iasi, Romania and I want to give you guys some reasons to study in UMF Iasi

1) Low tuition fees (5000 euro or £4200)
2) Low living costs
3) No pre-exam
4) Low grade requirements (but you need to apply early and need someone to do this for you)
5) Student City (there are so many universities in Iasi that you have this student atmosphere about the city)
6) Cheap flights to and from
7) Education standard very high - (you have to be hard-working)
8) Recognised by the british dental and british medical council
9) No exams after finishing, your degree is equivalent to a UK degree
10) 6 years with long holidays
11) Possible to get exemptions if you have studied some modules prior e.g. some people may have studied pharmacy or biomedical sciences, or bioengineering, or medical engineering, or some other form of science subject

Get in touch with me to start your application!

Cheers
Original post by whynotromania?

Hey, I am currently studying dentistry in Iasi, Romania and I want to give you guys some reasons to study in UMF Iasi

2) Low living costs
3) No pre-exam
4) Low grade requirements (but you need to apply early and need someone to do this for you)
5) Student City (there are so many universities in Iasi that you have this student atmosphere about the city)
11) Possible to get exemptions if you have studied some modules prior e.g. some people may have studied pharmacy or biomedical sciences, or bioengineering, or medical engineering, or some other form of science subject

Cheers

What do you mean by exemptions exactly (Number 11)?
So for example I know students who had studied "Biomedical Sciences" in the UK prior to coming to Romania. So they did not have to do the following subjects which is required in the first year of dentistry:

Histology
Physiology
Genetics
Cell Biology

and many more, in fact some people had already studied anatomy prior to arriving so they did not have to re-do it in the first year. And in fact some people that I know, came to Romania and were transferred straight to third year because they had already done a lot of the subjects of the first and second year of medicine

Original post by TSA
What do you mean by exemptions exactly (Number 11)?

2) Low living costs
3) No pre-exam

Cheers

hey im currently in year 11, about to start a-levels, could you tell me some more about the whole course, what i need to do, type of qualification?
Hi, I studied A-Level Mathematics, Religious Studies and Applied Business receiving A*AA. The A* being for Mathematics. However I have had a change in heart hence why I am studying Alevel Chemistry and Biology in one year privately without a school . Because I am studying it in one year, the only proof I will have of studying is my exam registration, how would I be able to apply early? Please do let me know. Thanks.
Reply 5
Hello, I am interested in studying dentistry in Iasi. I have been reading and looking for information, and there are still some things that are not clear to me. I am currently studying dentistry at home (Costa Rica). We have to look for patients in order to practice for most courses. Is it the same there? It is kind of difficult to do that, specially if you are a foreigner and do not know a lot of people. Also, I would like to know if dental materials are included in the tuition fee. Or do we have to look for them and buy them ourselves? If that is the case, how much can I expect to spend a year on materials (an average)? In C.R that is a significant expense. In some semesters it goes up to 1000 euros or even more. Thank you in advance! Cheers

2) Low living costs
3) No pre-exam

Cheers

Hi, Iv studied biomedical science at university. Do you think i will be transferred to 3rd year? and do you have a link for the application page?
Reply 7
hi i am studying chemistry, biology, music and religious education at a level but dont have physics at a level ( have gcse grade a) does this prevent me applying
Reply 8

2) Low living costs
3) No pre-exam

Cheers

Hey! I'm thinking of transferring to Romania to study dentistry, please could you message me as I have some questions to ask :-)
Reply 9
Hey, I was just wondering if u did go to Romania for dentistry? I'm planning to go next summer. Could u get in touch please.
Can someone tell me do we need to legalise documents?
Is the course in English?
Yes
HI , im a third year medical student thinking of transferring to dentistry...Would be grateful if you could recommend a student agency
Reply 14
hi,I have done dentistry course outside Europe but I would like to do my internship for 6-12months at Lasi or any other accredited university or college in Romania. Can I do thta as I am willing to pay the fees. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Reply 15
I know im asnwering this really late but i was wondering what you meant by someone needs to apply for me ? And who thats person should be and how much do they charge

2) Low living costs
3) No pre-exam

Cheers

Hi I just saw your thread and was wondering if you still study there? And if you could help with my application process ??
Hi,I a trying to get admission into dentistry into Romania in English, can you help me with that? I have got pretty high high school scores and also studied 6 terms of medicine in Iran,

Latest