The Student Room Group

Year 10 Work Experience

Guys, my work expereince is in two weeks on Monday and my school still hasn't found me a placement. I've asked some shops and stuff but they are all saying it's a bit last minute. I even e-mailed the company that arranges the placements - but still nothing. The teacher in charge said that I should get it by the last week of June, which finished yesterday. Now I don't know what to do! Help me!
Original post by Ravioli99
Guys, my work expereince is in two weeks on Monday and my school still hasn't found me a placement. I've asked some shops and stuff but they are all saying it's a bit last minute. I even e-mailed the company that arranges the placements - but still nothing. The teacher in charge said that I should get it by the last week of June, which finished yesterday. Now I don't know what to do! Help me!

Could a family member or family friend take you into their work?
Original post by Ravioli99

It might not be the case everywhere (and probably not your first choice at all!) but charity shops are normally more than happy to take on volunteers with not a lot of notice so I'd definitely try that! and also like the other answer said, it might be worth asking family whether theyll take you to their work? :smile: sometimes your school will let you help out in the office or younger classes too for work experience so i'd ask at your school too :biggrin:
I wasn't able to get given my work experience until less than a week before. I emailed loads of places, and asked my parents to help to, as a lot of companies seemed to take me more seriously if they thought that my parents were supporting me. Don't stress about it, just make sure you give 100% during the time! and even if you don't end up somewhere you want to be! make the most of it and prove that you can benefit yourself in any situation. Ohh, and enjoy!!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Can you not ask your school to arrange a last minute placement? If not, don't worry because there's always next school year. You could try volunteering at a charity shop though :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by hannahellen7
It might not be the case everywhere (and probably not your first choice at all!) but charity shops are normally more than happy to take on volunteers with not a lot of notice so I'd definitely try that! and also like the other answer said, it might be worth asking family whether theyll take you to their work? :smile: sometimes your school will let you help out in the office or younger classes too for work experience so i'd ask at your school too :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm trying to look for charity shops that are empty, in terms of students not going there already, as it is not only my work experience during that time....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending