The Student Room Group

Is it rape if...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by victoriajackson
I had no memory loss? Pretty weird how I was fine until that moment completely fine and sober looking after my friends i.e I was the one walking round rounding everyone up to get them into a taxi and stopping them doing stupid stuff, 5 drinks is absolutely nothing to me 5 4% alcoholic drinks is equal to 2 double vodkas and one single vodka in terms of units if you think I would get completely paralytic off that you're out of your mind that doesn't even touch the amount I drink for pre drinks on a night out and you know I'm rarely that drunk on a night out - I have an extremely high tolerance for alcohol, anaesthetic ect .

The drug you are talking about is Rohypnol if you are not just using ruphie for any date rape drug. I could have been spiked with GHB or Ketamine which would explain why I didn't feel drunk and these do cause loss of motor function plus many of the other things I experienced that night so please actually do your research before you tell girls who could have been drugged that they were probably just drunk not to mention that lots of other drugs can be used to cause those effects.

Tbh the vast majority of people who explain your effect's usually have simply drank too much. Its a common occurrence, someone has had too much even though they think they have had no where near enough. Surprisingly I usually notice it with people who skip pre-drinks then down 3-4 drinks to catch up.

I'll go out on a night out and have a full bottle of vodka at pre-drinks, maybe even more and carry on drinking afterwards.

However I'll go to my local and get absolutely hammered on 5 pints. It's usually how fast you drink those drinks. Have those 5 drinks too fast and you'll get slaughtered. There's been time's I've gone out and only been able to drink similar amounts.

And if you had enough ketamine to loose motor functions you would have been experiencing a hell of a lot more than what you said. You would of had visions, hallucinations etc. And to actually loose conciousness with it requires a fair amount, to the extent it would have completely ruined your drink seeing ketamine is not tasteless.

And GBH and Ketamine are included in those studies seeing those two and Ruphies are the main three people cite.
Original post by DanB1991
Tbh the vast majority of people who explain your effect's usually have simply drank too much. Its a common occurrence, someone has had too much even though they think they have had no where near enough. Surprisingly I usually notice it with people who skip pre-drinks then down 3-4 drinks to catch up.

I'll go out on a night out and have a full bottle of vodka at pre-drinks, maybe even more and carry on drinking afterwards.

However I'll go to my local and get absolutely hammered on 5 pints. It's usually how fast you drink those drinks. Have those 5 drinks too fast and you'll get slaughtered. There's been time's I've gone out and only been able to drink similar amounts.

And if you had enough ketamine to loose motor functions you would have been experiencing a hell of a lot more than what you said. You would of had visions, hallucinations etc. And to actually loose conciousness with it requires a fair amount, to the extent it would have completely ruined your drink seeing ketamine is not tasteless.

And GBH and Ketamine are included in those studies seeing those two and Ruphies are the main three people cite.

You ignored my point on the fact that it's not just the classic date rape drugs that are used to date rape other drugs can be used as well. I had 5 drinks in the hours between 10:45pm and 2:30 am, so by the leaving time of 3:15 am I'd already broken down 3 of those drinks and started the break down of a fourth so no I really don't think it was anything to do with the alcohol unless you think I'd get hammered off 2 WKD's like I said I was fine until we got into the taxi.

I'd like to see evidence of these studies plus the fact that I know of people who have thought they were drugged and have never been tested, I certainly wasn't and I didn't tell the police but when you're a complete dead weight and you can't feel your own body you feel like you aren't even in it that is not to do with 2 WKDS
You ignored my point on the fact that it's not just the classic date rape drugs that are used to date rape other drugs can be used as well. I had 5 drinks in the hours between 10:45pm and 2:30 am, so by the leaving time of 3:15 am I'd already broken down 3 of those drinks and started the break down of a fourth so no I really don't think it was anything to do with the alcohol unless you think I'd get hammered off 2 WKD's like I said I was fine until we got into the taxi.

I'd like to see evidence of these studies plus the fact that I know of people who have thought they were drugged and have never been tested, I certainly wasn't and I didn't tell the police but when you're a complete dead weight and you can't feel your own body you feel like you aren't even in it that is not to do with 2 WKDS

I did actually mention those other drugs that are claimed to be used.... most of which your symptoms did not fit to be quite blunt.

By comparison your symptoms actually perfectly fit someone who has had too much alcohol. Most people who claim to have been spiked have either
A) Drank too much and don't want to admit it
or
B) Have been taken off-guard with how little it's taken to get wasted (compared to normal) or completely understated how much they have drank.
I did actually mention those other drugs that are claimed to be used.... most of which your symptoms did not fit to be quite blunt.

By comparison your symptoms actually perfectly fit someone who has had too much alcohol. Most people who claim to have been spiked have either
A) Drank too much and don't want to admit it
or
B) Have been taken off-guard with how little it's taken to get wasted (compared to normal) or completely understated how much they have drank.

No really no. I was frozen I couldn't move that isn't to do with drinking my mind was working fine.
You know in yourself when you're drunk I know I wasn't drunk it's easy to slip a drug that causes temporary paralysis.
And I'd like to point out you've said too much alcohol we've already established by the time I started feeling not right I'd only have 2 units in my system the government recommends I can have 2-3 a day that's not enough to get someone drunk particularly when they are actually quite a heavy drinker usually.
(edited 9 years ago)
No really no. I was frozen I couldn't move that isn't to do with drinking my mind was working fine.
You know in yourself when you're drunk I know I wasn't drunk it's easy to slip a drug that causes temporary paralysis.
And I'd like to point out you've said too much alcohol we've already established by the time I started feeling not right I'd only have 2 units in my system the government recommends I can have 2-3 a day that's not enough to get someone drunk particularly when they are actually quite a heavy drinker usually.

You said you had 5 WKD's, so in reality you had 7.5 units in one session, technically according to government guidelines (if you really want to use them) you were binge drinking. After that amount of time you body "could" have broken down around and average 3 units, but that depends on your age, gender, food intake, you metabolism, type of alcohol, weight and gender.

If you had a really ****ty night, not eaten much, your metabolism is on the skitz, presumably your less than the average weight seeing your a female (it's a presumption but I don't know you personally) and you'll process alcohol slower anyway.

I have seen heavier drinkers in your situation before due to drinking when everything went against them, sometimes not so much. Thing is because of the mass hysteria of drink spiking, something that 20-30-40-50 years ago would of simply been recognised as a 'off night' or drinking too much is now blown into "MY DRINK HAS BEEN SPIKED!".

If you truly think you have been spiked the responsible thing is to go to the police/hospital as soon as possible (even if that's the next morning) to report it, they will get a toxicology report to find out. And they can then target that establishment as a possible place it happens. But as you said most people don't. If you don't do so people quite correctly will just presume it was the alcohol, because odds are it would have been.

My ex only had 6 drinks on new year, was in a similar state, and claimed to have been spiked, which I got quite offended by seeing I had brought all her drinks and been looking after them while she'd been away at the toilet or dancing etc. To this day she still claims she was spike because she is a heavy drinker and can drink much more than that, but I know for a fact she was not spiked (we'd also been sharing some of those drinks), the only possible way would have been if I did it myself -_- which obviously I didn't.
Reply 85
Original post by DiddyDec
No its not rape, if both parties consented then it is all good.

That's not really true, intoxication is huge problem area in rape

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
No I don't think it's rape if both parties are drunk unless one person does not give consent.
In the British justice system:

Man= rapist

Woman= Victim
Urgh, grey area. Obviously, you had to be at least vaguely competent, in order to be able to have sex...as in, not passed out. It's still not good, but if you both consented it's not rape. If one didn't...like I said, grey area, but it's probably assault.
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
I guess that would be mutual rape?

It would be the same as, for example, 2 underage people having sex.

I may be wrong, but if two consenting children have underage sex the male is the one that gets charged, not the female. It's only statutory rape if the female is above the age of consent in which case she gets convinced

Or perhaps I've been reading too many Daily Express articles...
Reply 90
Original post by TheAnusFiles
Both parties are equally drunk?

Just a question, I'm not in trouble myself

for the girl. yea its rape.
for the guy. no its not.

is this fair? no
is it the way things are? yes

does it make sense? not really.
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
In the British justice system:

Man= rapist

Woman= Victim

That tends to be what's assumed. It's not right, but it's a generalisation. Guys are more likely to be the assaulters than girls are, and guys have more physical strength to fight back and are generally against being seen as victims. It's bad, but that's assumption for you.
Original post by paradoxicalme
That tends to be what's assumed. It's not right, but it's a generalisation. Guys are more likely to be the assaulters than girls are, and guys have more physical strength to fight back and are generally against being seen as victims. It's bad, but that's assumption for you.

True but even in self-defence, men can't hit women. They would probably get a bigger sentence than the rapist...
Original post by DCFCfan4eva
True but even in self-defence, men can't hit women. They would probably get a bigger sentence than the rapist...

I'd say that's stretching it. The only reason they'd get longer sentences than rapists is that rape sentences are pathetically short. And I really don't think that a guy would get years in jail for hitting a girl who was directly threatening him with some sort of weapon.
Original post by paradoxicalme
I'd say that's stretching it. The only reason they'd get longer sentences than rapists is that rape sentences are pathetically short.

In the recent case of the female trainee lawyer found guilty of false rape accusation, the guy she falsly accused was told by the presiding judge that he would have faced 10 or 12.years if he had been found guilty.
You said you had 5 WKD's, so in reality you had 7.5 units in one session, technically according to government guidelines (if you really want to use them) you were binge drinking. After that amount of time you body "could" have broken down around and average 3 units, but that depends on your age, gender, food intake, you metabolism, type of alcohol, weight and gender.

If you had a really ****ty night, not eaten much, your metabolism is on the skitz, presumably your less than the average weight seeing your a female (it's a presumption but I don't know you personally) and you'll process alcohol slower anyway.

I have seen heavier drinkers in your situation before due to drinking when everything went against them, sometimes not so much. Thing is because of the mass hysteria of drink spiking, something that 20-30-40-50 years ago would of simply been recognised as a 'off night' or drinking too much is now blown into "MY DRINK HAS BEEN SPIKED!".

If you truly think you have been spiked the responsible thing is to go to the police/hospital as soon as possible (even if that's the next morning) to report it, they will get a toxicology report to find out. And they can then target that establishment as a possible place it happens. But as you said most people don't. If you don't do so people quite correctly will just presume it was the alcohol, because odds are it would have been.

My ex only had 6 drinks on new year, was in a similar state, and claimed to have been spiked, which I got quite offended by seeing I had brought all her drinks and been looking after them while she'd been away at the toilet or dancing etc. To this day she still claims she was spike because she is a heavy drinker and can drink much more than that, but I know for a fact she was not spiked (we'd also been sharing some of those drinks), the only possible way would have been if I did it myself -_- which obviously I didn't.

Ah so you're taking your own personal probelms out on me. Did you think that her drink could have been spiked by the bar staff? Believe me it does happen. No I had had plenty to eat like I said I'd gone out with the intention of being sober since I was in an unfamiliar place and too far away from home to get in a taxi by myself. I don't know how I can get you to understand that I was fine until I got into the taxi completely sober even my friends commented on it as we got home in the taxi that is when I passed out well it would be more correct to say I was going in and out of conciousness I couldn't move or speak but I could think clearly which is why I know I wasn't drunk. The responsible thing might be to go and get a toxicology report and I wish I had but it's not the sort of thing you think about after a night of a good friend dragging your clothes off your body even though it's as limp as a doll and helping themselves and not being able to say a word because you are frozen but still having to experience every second of it so no I wasn't drunk.

Oh and before you jump back on the they're the symptoms of too much alcohol a friend of a friend had her drink spiked on one of the carnage nights and had the exact same symptoms as me friends took her to hospital and she had been spiked and she'd bought her own drinks and never left them so you don't know everything, if drink spiking wasn't a problem people wouldn't be constantly being warned about it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AdamCee
I may be wrong, but if two consenting children have underage sex the male is the one that gets charged, not the female. It's only statutory rape if the female is above the age of consent in which case she gets convinced

Or perhaps I've been reading too many Daily Express articles...

Theoretically I think they'd both be guilty, but in practice a blind eye is turned and neither are charged anyway when both are underage.
Reply 97
i forgot about brothels some prostitutes are never paid.

like eastern european brothels where men pay to rape kidnapped women.

but thats kind of a different thing to your average curb crawler
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fojodef

like easter european brothels where men pay to rape kidnapped women.

Nothing like an religous holliday to get people feeling rapey.
Original post by fojodef

like easter european brothels where men pay to rape kidnapped women.

Nothing like a good old fashioned religous holliday to get people feeling rapey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending