The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelkoeman
hey!

I've applied for MH nursing in QUB, UU & LJMU.....Has anyone heard back from any of these yet?? Sept 2015 intake. :smile:

It took a month for ljmu to get back to me, but qub and uu still haven't! Have they replied to you yet? :smile:
Original post by janec1
It took a month for ljmu to get back to me, but qub and uu still haven't! Have they replied to you yet? :smile:

not from UU or QUB nope! i really really want QUB so fingers crossed!
Original post by rachelkoeman
not from UU or QUB nope! i really really want QUB so fingers crossed!

Its so frustrating!! :frown: Same also hope we hear soon, goodluck! :tongue:
Anyone still awaiting their selection day results from Southampton? Its been two weeks for me so far.
Reply 1484
Hi, have an offer from UWE. Had a truro/ plymouth interview and was invited to Bournemouth, got a straight no from Oxford brookes. Desperate to know about the plymouth/ truro offer
Original post by janec1
Its so frustrating!! :frown: Same also hope we hear soon, goodluck! :tongue:

Qub should hopefully get back to us this week r next week. I applied to them last year and got an interview letter via post round the 12th of feb and the interview was in early March. I have no clue bout uu.

Fingers crossed we hear soon. 😄.
Original post by AoifeBass93
Qub should hopefully get back to us this week r next week. I applied to them last year and got an interview letter via post round the 12th of feb and the interview was in early March. I have no clue bout uu.

Fingers crossed we hear soon. 😄.

Aw that's good! I know the wait is terrible haha! Good luck:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by libbyllj
Has anyone Hurd from Canterbury that's applied for children nursing? Also has anyone got a pre selection test for greenwhich Thursday or been to one?

I have not heard from Canterbury have you and yeah Greenwhich is good very basic maths and then need to write an essay x
hiya

Has anyone had an interview at LJMU for childrens nursing and if so, how long did it take for you to hear back :smile:
Hello guys
Just wanted to give an update.
Applied for children nursing:
Kings- still awaiting
City- rejected after tests
Kingston- rejected due to an increase of applicants so my application was not good enough
Middlesex- rejected after tests
Greenwich- test on Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kim31
I need more info than that - I live in Southampton so that's my first choice but my only other option is Bournemouth. I can't move as I have small children so it's either Southampton or Bournemouth for me!! Why is it not good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry few places for start and just heard bad stuff from high places, however if it suits you and you get on to it then it really does not matter. Poole Hospital is a danger zone!
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could answer this?

Basically I was wondering about the criteria for registration, I've been scouring the NMC website but I'm not finding loads of information.

To be a midwife I know there's set criteria, you have to complete 100 ante/postnatal examinations and 40 births...

but is there anything similar for nurses, obviously adult nursing is very different, however are there set criteria that we have to be marked off (such as taking bloods etc.) and if so, where can I find them?

Simply out of interest as I'm a nosy bint and can't wait the 6 months to find out XD

Cheers
Applied for mental health nursing. Had an interview at teesside and waiting to here. Interview offers for Anglia Ruskin and Derby and waiting on Northumbria

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherrytrueman95
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could answer this?

Basically I was wondering about the criteria for registration, I've been scouring the NMC website but I'm not finding loads of information.

To be a midwife I know there's set criteria, you have to complete 100 ante/postnatal examinations and 40 births...

but is there anything similar for nurses, obviously adult nursing is very different, however are there set criteria that we have to be marked off (such as taking bloods etc.) and if so, where can I find them?

Simply out of interest as I'm a nosy bint and can't wait the 6 months to find out XD

Cheers

At the Leeds selection day they said something like you need 4600 hours to qualify, split equally between theory and practice.
Original post by falling
At the Leeds selection day they said something like you need 4600 hours to qualify, split equally between theory and practice.

Yeah, and I know it has to also be split between medical and surgical. I was wondering about the skills list? :smile:
Hi, wondering if anyone can help..
I have applied for children's nursing 2015 and currently have interviews for Plymouth and Bristol UWE, but still waiting for Bournemouth and Southampton.
My interview for Plymouth is tomorrow (2nd feb) and was hoping someone could give me some advice if they've already had theirs? Doesn't have to be a Plymouth interview, just interview techniques in general.
I'm more worried about the maths and english tests!!
Thanks
Hi I've got a interview for learning disability nursing nxt week...
What kind of questions were asked at the bcu interview anything to do with the mental health act?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1497
Original post by chloekenneally
Hi, wondering if anyone can help..
I have applied for children's nursing 2015 and currently have interviews for Plymouth and Bristol UWE, but still waiting for Bournemouth and Southampton.
My interview for Plymouth is tomorrow (2nd feb) and was hoping someone could give me some advice if they've already had theirs? Doesn't have to be a Plymouth interview, just interview techniques in general.
I'm more worried about the maths and english tests!!
Thanks

When did you apply? I'm still waiting on Bournemouth and Southampton although Bournemouth sent me a supplementary form to fill in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kim31
When did you apply? I'm still waiting on Bournemouth and Southampton although Bournemouth sent me a supplementary form to fill in

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied at the end of November, when did you apply? Have you applied anywhere else/had interviews?
has anyone had an interview/offer for DMU childrens nursing? i sent my UCAS off early december and its my only one left to reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest