The Student Room Group

Anyone studied at Salamanca or in Spain? Any Spanish persons?

Hello! :smile:

I'm studying at The University of Salamanca this coming September. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few things. For example, would people recommend the university accommodation? A lot of the people I know from my university opted for flats with friends but I don't know too many people going to Salamanca.

Would you recommend university accommodation in general in Spain? Is it cheaper/better than finding my own place?

Also, this is the page for the accommodation and I'm finding it hard to navigate as well as understand the differences and things required of me:

http://www.usal.es/webusal/residencias

Thanks in advance!
Hey, Quick use!

I've never been a student at the University of Salamanca, but I have done language training courses in the city and I've shared accommodation with some students from the University as part of my stay (Although why they thought it would be a good idea to put a 14-15 year old ( as I went twice ) in the same apartment as college kids, I don't know. I'm not complaining, ha.)

Accommodation in Spain is really cheap. I mean, even compared to US standards, your typical student apartment, shared with 2-3 people, you shouldn't expect to pay more than $300, $400 max, per month. Salamanca is great because although it's a nice, historic city, it's relatively small for its importance. So you're going to be meeting a lot of people in a short period of time and you're going to be making a lot of friends.

I would avoid the University accommodation, because standards in Spain aren't all that. I mean, it'll be clean, but for the same price, or very slightly more, you can have your own apartment with friends and be free to do what you want.

Good luck in Salamanca! I had a Hell of a good time there. I still remember it like the back of my hand. You should hopefully enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Latest