The Student Room Group

2015 Physics Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by DanRigg96#
Did they give you the ABB if you firm option?

I haven't been offered that yet, but maybe they will offer that when I can make my decisions?

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help :smile:
To people who have offers from Durham already:

What are your predicted grades, and what is your offer?
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Finally decided what to apply for, will be sending UCAS off soon:

Physics with Mathematics Hull
Physics with particle physics and cosmology Swansea
QMUL Foundation Physics
Liverpool Foundation Physics
Manchester Foundation Physics

Why do you think Hull and Swansea will reject you? I'm applying there too. :curious:

I got CCCD at AS due to mental health problems at the time... Even though my predicted grades are ABB I'm still scared they'll see my AS grades and reject me.
Original post by Tibbz2

Have people been getting physics offers from Durham already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiecharc
I got CCCD at AS due to mental health problems at the time... Even though my predicted grades are ABB I'm still scared they'll see my AS grades and reject me.

You'll probably be fine. I've got worse predicted and AS grades and the (whichuni/unistats) figures show that a large percentage of applicants get an offer. :wink:
Reply 485
Do I stand a realistic chance of getting into Durham, I got aaaa for As and am predicted a*a*ab for a2. I'm really worried that they haven't replied yet. I've been waiting for over 9 weeks now! Should I contact them, or would that seem a bit pushy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orzel
Do I stand a realistic chance of getting into Durham, I got aaaa for As and am predicted a*a*ab for a2. I'm really worried that they haven't replied yet. I've been waiting for over 9 weeks now! Should I contact them, or would that seem a bit pushy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't contact them, Durham always seem to take their time, you could go pretty much anywhere with your grades so don't worry, I'm in the same position, I think they just like to make us suffer:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orzel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which subject is it you're applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orzel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds stupid sorry, meant like straight physics/theoretical...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Raf here, I'm a Polish student from easily the most underdeveloped area in my country (the north-east), so getting into pretty much any top half British university would be awesome for me. :smile:
I'm particularly interested in particle physics, and I do hope to have a chance at researching quantum magnetism, but my knowledge of the subject is very poor so far, so I expect my interests might change diametrically as I study it on an actual university level!
I'm taking the Matura exam, where we have a compulsory common core of written Maths + written and oral Polish Lit and a foreign language (in my case English obviously), and additionally I'm taking extended Physics, Maths and English. Thing is, I'm not by any means a humanist and I hear pretty much every British uni gives conditionals of average score, and I don't expect much more than 50% from both written and oral Polish Lit, so I'm getting terribly stressed out here. :frown:
Applied to Oxford, Lancaster, Birmingham, Sheffield and Queen's (Belfast); so far received offers for Lancaster (90% avg, 85% extended Physics and Maths - the 90% average is very scary) and Sheffield (75% avg, 80% extended Physics, Maths and English), in each case for the Physics MSci programme.
Best of luck to everyone with your exams! :biggrin:
Original post by CreamyRoss
Have people been getting physics offers from Durham already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I've heard a very select few do get them, there are some on the university connect thing on here.
Original post by Tibbz2
Yeah I think I've heard a very select few do get them, there are some on the university connect thing on here.

When do you think we mortals can hear a decision?:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do you think we mortals can hear a decision?:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not putting any bets on anything earlier than late January :frown:
Original post by Tibbz2
I'm not putting any bets on anything earlier than late January :frown:

I'd guess about then too, ah well, hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 494
I wouldn't contact them, Durham always seem to take their time, you could go pretty much anywhere with your grades so don't worry, I'm in the same position, I think they just like to make us suffer:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your response, at least I know that I'm not the only one now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 495
Sounds stupid sorry, meant like straight physics/theoretical...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just straight physics, but I heard that once your in it is easy to switch between them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied for Physics at Imperial before the Oxbridge date and still not had anything more than an acknowledgement yet?
Original post by Tibbz2

My offer was A*AA, with an A* in physics or maths from A*A*A*A* predicted grades (in maths/further, chemistry and physics). Sent app in late september.
From London
Studying physics, maths, geography and computer science
Not too sure what units yet but liking the look of Bristol and UCL
And probably a physics degree but might look into computing too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JoeMartin
Has anyone applied for Physics at Imperial before the Oxbridge date and still not had anything more than an acknowledgement yet?

My son hasn't heard anything from them yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending