The Student Room Group

Moving out for Uni?

I have the choice of going to Hartpury College or staying at Brackenhurst NTU for uni on an equine course. The cons of moving away is that I will have to leave one horse at home and won't be able to compete as much. However the pros are the amazing facilities and experience of living away from home... is moving out worth it?
I've spent the past year at Hartpury College and I'm actually moving next year to brackenhurst to start my degree!
Can you not bring your horse with you to Hartpury?
I personally loved it.. the facilities were amazing but there was so many rules for the equines and no daily turn-out but then there was the chance to compete weekly during the shows!! plus your stabled with some of the top riders and when you make friends, it can be very beneficial to be surrounded by some of the best riders

I've not been to brackenhurst yet but I think hartpury is an equestrians dream!! :smile:
The town is only a bus ride away(the town isn't that nice if im honest but hartpury makes up for it) There is one night club which everyone loves, we somehow make do with only having one place to go every wednesday night. The good things is that everyone from hartpury is there which makes is so much easier making friends.

I think its worth moving out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending