The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Clubs/Societies Univerisity of Birmingham 2014

So seeing as all the posts seem to be worrying about grades and accommodation fears (I have a lot of those too) I thought I would instead make an optimistic thread about the clubs and societies people might like to join if they do get in! I am keen to join the rowing club and one of the dance classes, I'm undecided between beginners ballet, hip hop and modern! Does anyone else have any ideas what they would like to take part in? Hope to see some of you after summer :smile:
Reply 1
I can't wait to get there and meet new people through societies :biggrin: . I'll probably join the various choirs and also ski society, physics society and golf society :smile: The Ski Soc (Brumski) ski trip is stuff of legend hehe :P .
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Probably the Labour Party and Choir.

The Skiing one looks good too, I just wonder how much it'll cost. I haven't been skiing in years, it'd be good to take that up again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds really cool 😊 I've never been skiing before so I might stay clear- I don't want to completely embarrass myself in the first week aha!
I definitely will be doing some dance classes, but apart from will have to see what else takes my fancy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I would like to try the go cart club. I presume it being very intriguing. However as someone above said, the cost must be considered....
I'd love to join a music group :smile: (I play the piano but the thing is, I don't know how I'll do to get a cheap keyboard/piano which can play softly or has headphones with it once I'm in Birmingham... obvs I can't travel with my piano). I was also thinking of taking up a new sport, probably fencing... I would love to do some volunteering too and join the catholic society. The Film society seems great as well! :biggrin: Ah, I'm afraid there won't be enough space in my timetable for all those activities haha.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest