The Student Room Group

GCE Applied Engineering question

Hello Everyone
I hope everyone is having a great summer and good luck with August :smile:

My friend gave me the Edexcel engineering book for AS & A2. I looked at the book and the first 3 units are for the AS qualification and don't seem too bad to self study (my school doesn't offer this subject) but as I was looking at the specifications and the subject being 'Applied', it seems that there is a practical part of the syllabus (hence the name I guess). My question is, who type of practicals are those? Are they able to be done on my own? Is it still possible to take this exam even if the school doesn't offer it knowing that there is a practical part to it?

Thanks in advance
Fawzi
Original post by fawzi963
Hello Everyone

My friend gave me the Edexcel engineering book for AS & A2. I looked at the book and the first 3 units are for the AS qualification and don't seem too bad to self study (my school doesn't offer this subject) but as I was looking at the specifications and the subject being 'Applied', it seems that there is a practical part of the syllabus (hence the name I guess). My question is, who type of practicals are those? Are they able to be done on my own? Is it still possible to take this exam even if the school doesn't offer it knowing that there is a practical part to it?

Thanks in advance
Fawzi

Heya, I'm going to put this in the sciences forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Original post by fawzi963
Hello Everyone

Thanks in advance
Fawzi

I suggest you look at the specification
http://www.edexcel.com/migrationdocuments/Applied%20GCE/UA035228_GCE_in_Engineering_Single_Award_issue_5.pdf

It includes 4 out of 6 units that must be assessed internally in your centre. Edexcel don't offer a marking service for coursework and I've never heard of a centre that would do it for this subject for for private candidates. I think it would be impossible to complete this qualification in a school that doesn't offer it unless your school can organise a relationship with another local school that does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending