The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Transferring 2nd year from an American University?

So I'm going to be a first year college student in the fall and a couple months ago when I was applying to schools, I applied to the University of Edinburgh. I received conditional offers and fulfilled them, but due to my family's financial situation, they could not afford the tuition plus the travel expenses. My offers were automatically rejected. Luckily my family has come into more money and can send me to Edinburgh starting from the 2015-2016 year meaning I'll have to apply again.

1) Do I have a better chance at being accepted again because I've already applied/been made an offer in the past? *given that I fulfill the 3.0+ GPA requirement

2) Are there any specific classes I should take? I've already made my fall semester schedule and all the classes are geared toward my intended major(s) (Anthropology, Psychology, History)

3) What else should I do to help my application? The only thing the website states for transfer students is "successful completion of one year at University in the USA. We normally require a GPA of 3.0 out of 4. (Admission to year two will be considered in exceptional cases.)"
You'll probably have to start from the first year, so I imagine that you should get another offer if you were to apply.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending