The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Accommodation allocation

Hello I have firmed my unconditional offer at Bath so will definitely be attending this September! When will I find out what accommodation I will have? It says on the website something like accommodation is allocated based upon your application status so now my offer is unconditional will the allocate this soon? Or wait until a level results.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PinkMango1995
Hello I have firmed my unconditional offer at Bath so will definitely be attending this September! When will I find out what accommodation I will have? It says on the website something like accommodation is allocated based upon your application status so now my offer is unconditional will the allocate this soon? Or wait until a level results.

Hi,

The Accommodation office will aim to allocate accommodation to those already holding an Unconditional Firm offer before mid August (and hopefully sooner).

Thanks,

Steve
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Hi, I have recently been offered an Unconditional offer for Bath and was wondering whether If I would be allocated accommodation, or just be put on the waiting list since I missed the 1st of July deadline.

Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi,

The Accommodation office will aim to allocate accommodation to those already holding an Unconditional Firm offer before mid August (and hopefully sooner).

Thanks,

Steve

Would I be right in assuming that people who are continuing their degree at Bath will be getting their allocation then too?
Original post by BoooKooo
Hi, I have recently been offered an Unconditional offer for Bath and was wondering whether If I would be allocated accommodation, or just be put on the waiting list since I missed the 1st of July deadline.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you have not made an application for accommodation before the deadline of 1st July then I'm afraid you are not guaranteed accommodation.
Accommodation applications will re-open on our webpage http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/index.html on 20 August on a waiting list, non-guaranteed basis. Only first year undergraduates and first year overseas postgraduates can apply to go onto the waiting list.

We will aim to confirm room availability to those on the waiting list by 1
September. Please note this may involve a temporary shared room or a room in one of our city centre residences.
Should we not be able to offer university accommodation to those on the waiting list, then help finding private sector accommodation will be provided.

Liz
Original post by Contrad!ction.
Would I be right in assuming that people who are continuing their degree at Bath will be getting their allocation then too?

Hi,

We can only offer accommodation to first year undergraduates and first year overseas post graduate students who are new to Bath.

Liz
Hi,

We can only offer accommodation to first year undergraduates and first year overseas post graduate students who are new to Bath.

Liz

No worries, I've just got my email. I applied on medical grounds (advice from Student Services) and it looks like it may have been accepted! Now, to wait for other people to log off!!! EDIT: Yup, got in.

Cheers anyway!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Haven't got mine yet but Eastwood is my first choice. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Would you put your home address on TSR? No? So don't put your room number on TSR. Just the house number is *quite* enough information to share.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi,

Liz

Hi Liz,
I'm sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but just to clarify, is it simply impossible to get Accommodation on campus after the first year (other than on medical grounds), or is it just highly unlikely as there are no guaranteed places?
Original post by UVLight
Hi Liz,
I'm sorry if I'm making you repeat yourself, but just to clarify, is it simply impossible to get Accommodation on campus after the first year (other than on medical grounds), or is it just highly unlikely as there are no guaranteed places?
simply impossible. I tried this year.
Reply 11
Original post by RibenaRockstar
simply impossible. I tried this year.

Ah I see :/
Out of interest, at what point in your first year do you go looking for accommodation for the next year? Is it sometime during the second semester, or is it after the summer holidays have begun? How long does it usually take to find one? :smile:
Original post by UVLight
Ah I see :/
Out of interest, at what point in your first year do you go looking for accommodation for the next year? Is it sometime during the second semester, or is it after the summer holidays have begun? How long does it usually take to find one? :smile:

When I lived off campus last year we started looking for accommodation January/February time, just after exams. It tends to get sorted in the springtime, and you need to free up about £500 for deposit, inventory fees etc. Last student loan's a fair bit bigger than the first two so it should be okay, but you might need it before then so having a free overdraft (student account) handy would be useful. It takes as long as you want it to take - we found a place that we liked and sprinted straight to the letting agents (good thing we did because someone else came in as we were signing the form to take it off the market!) but others might want to spend some time looking at places and trying to find a deal.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Thanks a lot for the info!
So people generally start looking around the beginning of the year.
And do you keep that same accommodation for the remaining years of campus or do you have to change yearly?
And when did you move in from the campus accommodation to the private one? :smile:
Original post by UVLight
Thanks a lot for the info!
So people generally start looking around the beginning of the year.
And do you keep that same accommodation for the remaining years of campus or do you have to change yearly?
And when did you move in from the campus accommodation to the private one? :smile:

I'm assuming you meant 'the remaining years of uni', right? I have heard of people keeping accommodation (you just talk to the letting agent and re-sign the contract) but it doesn't happen too often. Placements mean that you may end up living with different people each year as courses like BBA, Maths w/ Sandwich Yr, Architecture have placements at different times (BBA and Architecture are weird in that they have a year of placement, but it's split over two years).

The contracts didn't overlap so I left campus accommodation at the very end of May/beginning of June and had to bring my stuff home. Then I moved into private accommodation near the beginning of September. Our contract began in August and ended in June (I think) so I don't think we could have kept our stuff there even if we were renewing it for the next year.
Reply 15
Thanks for all your help :smile:
Yes I meant Uni :smile:
My placement is third year, so I guess like you said, I will have to move again after just a year if I do secure a placement. Hmm, about the contracts not overlapping, is that generally the case or do you have cases where people can move in straight after your campus accommodation period ends? I'm an international student, so I'm hoping I don't have to fly all my belonging back with me for the summer and fly it back for next semester! :P
Original post by UVLight
Thanks for all your help :smile:
Yes I meant Uni :smile:
My placement is third year, so I guess like you said, I will have to move again after just a year if I do secure a placement. Hmm, about the contracts not overlapping, is that generally the case or do you have cases where people can move in straight after your campus accommodation period ends? I'm an international student, so I'm hoping I don't have to fly all my belonging back with me for the summer and fly it back for next semester! :P

Quite enjoying actually being useful again :tongue:

There might be some places that offer year-long contracts but I don't personally know anyone who did this (wasn't really a conversation I had with anyone). You can hire some storage over the summer if you want to keep your stuff in the UK instead of flying it all home. I think my international student friends travelled fairly lightly and just left stuff they couldn't take home.
Reply 17
Just got my accommodation offer for a room in the Westwood houses :smile:
I heard that the letters and numbers stand for which house/flat you are in, does anyone know which one Y refers?
Original post by renners
Just got my accommodation offer for a room in the Westwood houses :smile:
I heard that the letters and numbers stand for which house/flat you are in, does anyone know which one Y refers?

I may be wrong, but I should think Y is Conygre since that is the only block with a Y in the name, and there is another block that also starts with C.
Reply 19
Original post by Millie1986
I may be wrong, but I should think Y is Conygre since that is the only block with a Y in the name, and there is another block that also starts with C.

Hey I thought the same too and it probably is! But then realised there are two beginning with Q and Quarry has a Y😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending