The Student Room Group

Two dads meet their newborn son

Scroll to see replies

Well i guess this matter is one in which we all have highly polarised views.

To those who criticise or oppose the naysayers, please do not assume that we are homophobic or "anti gay".

I personally couldnt give a toot if someone is gay, straight or likes having sex with goats.

However it is my personal view that for two men to procure a child in this way is abhorrent, abnormal and unnatural.

That is all i will say as i could never ever convince others who disagree that it is so.
Original post by Freudian Slip
Do you not think that's just the slightest bit extreme? :lolwut:

No.
I would be livid if two men robbed me of having a mother.
Umm are you saying it's ignorant to believe in God?
Original post by Den Haag
I'm all for full gay rights but something in me finds that photo very disturbing.

I presume you are referring to the rather cheesy black and white photo effect, and the company logo that is rudely plastered over the picture?
I will not be responding to your post. There is no way i could convince you and so i shall not even try.
Original post by NicCx
No matter what sexuality, you should be able to have a child.

Illogical statement. Did you not sit GCSE biology in school? You're essentially denying biological norms to try and carry your argument. Same sex couples can't have children. Women have children. These sane sex couples adopt like many different sex couples do.

Original post by Freudian Slip
your sexuality shouldn't restrict your right to parenthood.

If nature intended for 2 same sex people to have children, why can't they? Unless you have made a breakthrough in the field of biology then there is no chance of what you said happening.

I don't see the issues with same sex couples adopting but at the same time I think like with any adoption the child should be with its mother in the early stages and adopted after a certain period of time. The maternal bond especially in the early stages is important. To deny a child this is quite frankly disgusting and disturbing because nature and nurture are both as important and to dismiss one in favour of the other is beyond absurd.

Can't believe you wish to deny a child the right to its natural and biological mother who due to being his natural mother can nurture the child maternally in a way no man can (its proven the maternal bond early on can be key to development later) and you wish to deny a child this for what you believe are societal advancements in the modern world....

I find that quite disturbing.
But what if you're a faithful christian? You're taught that God exists, therefore you have full right to use it in an argument. By saying it's ignorant to do so, you're disrespecting the teachings of Christianity...
I was raised by straight parents and I'm not straight, so how is it any different with gay parents?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skip_Snip
I'm gay and I want kids some day, but this photo is a bit creepy.

Why are they naked o.O

Because skin to skin bonding is really important when the child is born.
I was very reassured by the fact they were doing that personally.

So maybe its best you leave off having kids for a while until you know the first thing about parenting :wink:
Its a natural right, like the right to life. Taking a child from its biological mother is disgusting. Doing the same to animals like dogs is equally disgusting.

The very fact you or anyone want to deny a child or baby animal the maternal love of its true biological mother is disgusting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Limpopo
It is abnormal and unnatural for two men to procure a child in this manner.

I guess you are against infertile women using surrogate mothers as well then?
Original post by letsbehonest
Err they are touching someone elses vagina juices.. :K:

And probably piss, blood and possibly ****.

Sooo vagina juice is probs the least of their worries.
Original post by redferry
Because skin to skin bonding is really important when the child is born.
I was very reassured by the fact they were doing that personally.

So maybe its best you leave off having kids for a while until you know the first thing about parenting :wink:

I'd not heard that before.

Haha, ouch :wink: to be fair I'm not planning on having kids for a few years yet, and I'd probably aim to adopt those who a 3+ so shh :wink:
Original post by Sanctimonious
Its a natural right, like the right to life. Taking a child from its biological mother is disgusting. Doing the same to animals like dogs is equally disgusting.

The very fact you or anyone want to deny a child or baby animal the love of its true biological mother is disgusting.

What if the biological mother was the one that didn't want the child and put it up for adoption? At least every child with gay parents is wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Limpopo
Well i guess this matter is one in which we all have highly polarised views.

To those who criticise or oppose the naysayers, please do not assume that we are homophobic or "anti gay".

I personally couldnt give a toot if someone is gay, straight or likes having sex with goats.

However it is my personal view that for two men to procure a child in this way is abhorrent, abnormal and unnatural.

That is all i will say as i could never ever convince others who disagree that it is so.

You oppose a couple getting a child through completely legal, ordinary means? Methodology that is used by countless numbers of couples regardless of sexuality? You are anti-gay you're just not willing to lie in the bed you've made.
Reply 35
Regardless of what anyone thinks, this kid is going to have a hard time in school.
Original post by aaronrimmer
What if the biological mother was the one that didn't want the child and put it up for adoption? At least every child with gay parents is wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already made my position clear on this. I'm not against same sex couples adopting but I do believe there should be an age restriction on it of so many months etc. to ensure the child benefits from a natural maternal bond with its biological mother. To deny a child this is disgusting. What's wrong with waiting to adopt and then nurturing the child after he or she has already benefited from that natural bond early in development?
Original post by Skip_Snip
I'd not heard that before.

Haha, ouch :wink: to be fair I'm not planning on having kids for a few years yet, and I'd probably aim to adopt those who a 3+ so shh :wink:

Well if you ever want to chat about adoption feel free to message me, my brother was adopted and both my parents were social workers so I know a lot about the process :smile:
Original post by A5ko
Regardless of what anyone thinks, this kid is going to have a hard time in school.

Y'know, I'm not too sure. When I was in secondary school (final year) a year seven started who had two dads, I can't remember him having any trouble.
Original post by Sanctimonious
I've already made my position clear on this. I'm not against same sex couples adopting but I do believe there should be an age restriction on it of so many months etc. to ensure the child benefits from a natural maternal bond with its biological mother. To deny a child this is disgusting. What's wrong with waiting to adopt and then nurturing the child after he or she has already benefited from that natural bond early in development?

I'm disputing that the bond you speak of isn't important but there are plenty of people out there who didn't have this natural bond that haven't suffered because of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending