The Student Room Group

Two job offers in the NHS one being a clinical coder the other an AP role

I was wondering if there is anyone here who works in Clinical coding that could tell me what it is like? I have been offered the role as well as another job and I am trying to work out with one will be better for me.

What is the job like is it just sitting at a desk 9-5, how long does it take to progress up is a good role for someone with a life science degree who also has a offer for a Associate Autonomic Practitioner which could lead onto a clinical Scientist role which is much more patient seeing and dealing. The AP role is in a one of a kind department in the NHS, IE it is the only one in the NHS that offers this service and other place to offer it is a private hospital. But is also means earlier start and cleaning :s-smilie:

Both are band 4 so the same money and are in the same hospital trust.
(edited 9 years ago)
there is nothing 'clinical' about being a clinical coder ,

clinical coding is about making sure that the correct procedures and length of stay are billed , sitting at a desk all day wading through notes.
Reply 2
Original post by zippyRN
there is nothing 'clinical' about being a clinical coder ,

clinical coding is about making sure that the correct procedures and length of stay are billed , sitting at a desk all day wading through notes.

yeah I went with the other role in the end plus what helped is they said their is a good 50:50 chance that I will be bumped up to a clinical Scientist within 3 months.

Quick Reply

Latest