The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by __Adam__
A-Levels are done over 2 years, the first year is AS and the second year is A2. Exams are only on in May/June (Majority in June).

You can resit AS exams in your A2 year but you have to do them in June along with all the A2 exams, so usually you don't stay back a year, you just have more to revise in your second year.

Until last year, A-Level exams were in January and June, so if you had an exam in January, you could resit in June, and you were able to do resits of June AS exams in January as well. But that's been stopped now.

So you don't get left behind a year, you just add on loads to your second year workload when you have exams for both AS and A2 happening at around the same time.

Oh ok, thanks!
University of York
York
hello, im planning on applying for university of york this year. My AS grades are BBB, for sociology, politics and law. im planning on doing politics and international relations. I got a good personal statement and good references. Do you think i have a good chance of getting an offer ?
Hello everyone!

I'm so pleased and happy to say York gave me an offer today for Politics with International Relations. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future! :biggrin:
Original post by YanaIguana
Hello everyone!

I'm so pleased and happy to say York gave me an offer today for Politics with International Relations. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future! :biggrin:

Well done ! :biggrin: When did you send off your application?
Original post by troodon
Well done ! :biggrin: When did you send off your application?

Thank you! ^.^ I sent it to my school on the 18th of September who then sent it off on the 1st. I'm not applying to Oxbridge by the way, just wanted to send my application early because I wanted to concentrate on my studies :smile:
Original post by iganidagli
hello, im planning on applying for university of york this year. My AS grades are BBB, for sociology, politics and law. im planning on doing politics and international relations. I got a good personal statement and good references. Do you think i have a good chance of getting an offer ?

Hello! I think you should definitely apply if your predicted grades match the typical offer (AAB), especially if it's one of your favourite unis. :smile:
Thank you! ^.^ I sent it to my school on the 18th of September who then sent it off on the 1st. I'm not applying to Oxbridge by the way, just wanted to send my application early because I wanted to concentrate on my studies :smile:

Ahh cool, just got an offer for English. Buzzing. :biggrin:
Original post by troodon
Ahh cool, just got an offer for English. Buzzing. :biggrin:

Congrats!! It's such a good feeling :biggrin: Where else are you applying to?
Congrats!! It's such a good feeling :biggrin: Where else are you applying to?

Oxford, Warwick, Leeds and UEA :smile: You?
Hiya applying to York to do Biological and Medicinal Chemistry. My AS were ABB but I meet the requirements AAA predictions and the Welsh Bac which kinda makes sense because I live in Wales. Hoping to get my application in early as rather not drive 5 hours to get to York for an interview :L
Anyone else got offers? When did you apply?

Hello everyone!

Well done! So you basically got your offer within a week of applying :shock:

My application was sent yesterday and I'm so nervous...
Original post by troodon
Oxford, Warwick, Leeds and UEA :smile: You?

KCL, Exeter, Surrey and Kent :smile: York is definitely going to be my insurance if not firm. It was my favourite uni out of the open days I've been to. I haven't seen KCL or Exeter though
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Anyone else got offers? When did you apply?

Well done! So you basically got your offer within a week of applying :shock:

My application was sent yesterday and I'm so nervous...

Thanks! Good luck! Don't be worried, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm still a bit nervous myself though. However, that is because I found out today my predicted grades changed from AAA to AAB without the school telling me and I've applied to some AAA unis. But York is one of favourite universities anyway so if I didn't get any other offers at least I know I'll be going to a brilliant university regardless.

Sorry that was quite a long reply haha

Anyway, what course are you applying to? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks! Good luck! Don't be worried, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm still a bit nervous myself though. However, that is because I found out today my predicted grades changed from AAA to AAB without the school telling me and I've applied to some AAA unis. But York is one of favourite universities anyway so if I didn't get any other offers at least I know I'll be going to a brilliant university regardless.

Sorry that was quite a long reply haha

Anyway, what course are you applying to? :smile:

Biochemistry! What was your offer?
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Biochemistry! What was your offer?

Awesome! My offer was AAB :smile:
Omg I was so surprised to get an offer for PPE today. A*AA or AAA inc. Maths.
I got an AAA offer for Economics today at York. I've got two offers now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay to everyone who's getting offers!:smile: That's so cool! Is it true that if I apply early, they have less people to compare me to and they're more likely to make me an offer early?
Original post by the1akshay
Omg I was so surprised to get an offer for PPE today. A*AA or AAA inc. Maths.

Original post by Jaycollard
I got an AAA offer for Economics today at York. I've got two offers now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, when did you guys apply? Well done! :smile:
Getting VERY nervous - submitted my application on the 23rd, for history and philosophy, and haven't heard anything back yet. Worried that my PS has let me down; I'm applying straight history everywhere else, so it isn't THAT geared toward philosophy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending