The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

What to do after failing first year of uni again?

HI i am a repeating first year student studying business management and economics at Nottingham Trent university and have failed again. i feel that i have worked and studied harder this year, while also making life improvements but i still don't know were it all went wrong. the uni has terminated my studies. i honestly don't know what to do, either take a year and work then go back for studies or find a different course in another uni thats more suitable for me. im still 19years old and definitely don't want to go back to my home country and work there because its situation is pretty ****ed up there. any advice?
Original post by beshubu
HI i am a repeating first year student studying business management and economics at Nottingham Trent university and have failed again. i feel that i have worked and studied harder this year, while also making life improvements but i still don't know were it all went wrong. the uni has terminated my studies. i honestly don't know what to do, either take a year and work then go back for studies or find a different course in another uni thats more suitable for me. im still 19years old and definitely don't want to go back to my home country and work there because its situation is pretty ****ed up there. any advice?

If you have failed twice despite working hard then obviously the course was not for you. Student finance only pay for one repeat year therefore if you need to do year one again you will need to pay yourself. If your from the EU you can stay here as long as you like if, however if you are from outside of the EU unless you find a job which can sponsor you quickly you will need to move back home.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
If you have failed twice despite working hard then obviously the course was not for you. Student finance only pay for one repeat year therefore if you need to do year one again you will need to pay yourself. If your from the EU you can stay here as long as you like if, however if you are from outside of the EU unless you find a job which can sponsor you quickly you will need to move back home.

Im an international student and pay my tuition from my parents, im thinking of studying a different course in another uni but still think it would be impossible because of my reputation of failing the first year twice in my previous uni, and considering i failed first year twice im afraid i want be granted a new visa to study in the UK again.
Original post by beshubu
Im an international student and pay my tuition from my parents, im thinking of studying a different course in another uni but still think it would be impossible because of my reputation of failing the first year twice in my previous uni, and considering i failed first year twice im afraid i want be granted a new visa to study in the UK again.

ah ok ignore my bit about the fees, but I'd only consider going to a new uni if you go for a totally different course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending