The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Adjustment at city?

Hey peeps :smile:

I want to apply for Psychology at city university through adjustment or clearing on A-level results day.
Please can someone let me know whether there were places at city through adjustment last year?
And is it a straightforward process at city?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by Amira5
Hey peeps :smile:

I want to apply for Psychology at city university through adjustment or clearing on A-level results day.
Please can someone let me know whether there were places at city through adjustment last year?
And is it a straightforward process at city?

Thank you!

From what I remember there were places for Psychology through clearing, You need to call them up (details I think should be available on the website) and make them aware of your grades. If you fit the criteria they make you an offer on the spot. If there are some issues, such as unavailability of your grade for one subject then it gets referred to the admissions officer/course officer/relevant authority.

Process is fairly straightforward.

You have to remember that literally hundreds of students and their parents call asking for a place so it's all in panic mode. Just make sure you find out from the department or university directly what exactly you need to be successful on clearing day. That way there won't be any surprises.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Hi Amira5, would be great to talk to you about this for an article I am writing. Could you email me on [email protected] ?
Reply 3
Original post by Ialpha
From what I remember there were places for Psychology through clearing, You need to call them up (details I think should be available on the website) and make them aware of your grades. If you fit the criteria they make you an offer on the spot. If there are some issues, such as unavailability of your grade for one subject then it gets referred to the admissions officer/course officer/relevant authority.

Process is fairly straightforward.

You have to remember that literally hundreds of students and their parents call asking for a place so it's all in panic mode. Just make sure you find out from the department or university directly what exactly you need to be successful on clearing day. That way there won't be any surprises.

Thanks for the reply! By the way, are you referring to just some universities having spaces or most universities/generally?
Reply 4
Original post by Amira5
Thanks for the reply! By the way, are you referring to just some universities having spaces or most universities/generally?

I was referring to City University.

Other unis will have spaces as well. Better the uni lower the number of spaces in clearing or adjustment. Same applies for specific courses - at City some business courses almost do not go into clearing. Some might have a few seats left but they get allocated very quickly. A course going into clearing does not always mean they lower entry requirements. At times students with far better grades end up using clearing.

For Psychology there is a decent chance of grades being lowered for clearing but don't depend fully on what I say - best to check with uni officers.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending