The Student Room Group

University Entry Requirements

I have just finished my A-levels exams. I study French, Spanish and Biology and haven't applied for university for 2014 mainly due to the fact that I've never had an idea about what to read there. I have become quite interested in Nutrition recently. I have checked entry requirements for some unis such as Nottingham, Leeds and Kings where they the state that at least two sciences are required (as above, I only do one). Do you think they would make any exceptions, or are the stated entry requirements a definite, intransigent set of guidelines on who to consider?

Your help is very much appreciated
Reply 1
Hello there :smile:
If you are very unsure and desperately want to attend one of the mentioned universities, then you could always try to phone the university up and see what they can do for you :smile:

Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I looked at the course pages for Nottingham, Leeds and KCL - it doesn't look like they would consider an application from someone with one science at A-level. Perhaps consider going to college and doing an A-level in another science - KCL requires Chemistry. I doubt that they would make an exception.
Original post by d.hunter
I have just finished my A-levels exams. I study French, Spanish and Biology and haven't applied for university for 2014 mainly due to the fact that I've never had an idea about what to read there. I have become quite interested in Nutrition recently. I have checked entry requirements for some unis such as Nottingham, Leeds and Kings where they the state that at least two sciences are required (as above, I only do one). Do you think they would make any exceptions, or are the stated entry requirements a definite, intransigent set of guidelines on who to consider?

Your help is very much appreciated

So far my experience has taught me that the criteria is black and white. You either have it and your considered or you don't and your not accepted, unless you have other 'equivalent' qualifications.

Saying that, I'm hoping to get into nursing which is hugely over subscribed, so they can pick and choose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending