The Student Room Group

Personal Statement word limit

Has anyone got any advice on how to keep within the word limit? Aside from listing my work experience i am really struggling to state what i have done and expand on what i have learnt from it, as the word count is so small! Thanks in advance for any help
Copy and paste your statement onto the UCAS website when making your application. It will automatically tell you the word count.
Why are you writing a personal statement in July?
Reply 2
Are you applying for Veterinary Science/Medicine? Look at examples of personal statements here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Category:Veterinary_Science_Personal_Statements
Read through the first one and you'll see how they've talked about two types of work experience - 1 paragraph each, and then ended with a summary of how these placements helped them.
There's a lot of personal statements there so it should give you an idea of what to write.
You must not plagiarise a personal statement. It must be your own work.
It should be about you, your goals, your personal qualities, previous achievements and experience. You should say why you want to do a particular course and what interests you about it but you don’t need to explain what would be in the course. My opinion is that you need to focus on your own personal skills, achievements and experience but it is up to you whether you take this on board. In the personal statement you should be explaining the skills developed from your work experience, if you have any.
Reply 4
Original post by Choo.choo
Copy and paste your statement onto the UCAS website when making your application. It will automatically tell you the word count.
Why are you writing a personal statement in July?

My school made us write a draft of our personal statement in June aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ayla1992
Has anyone got any advice on how to keep within the word limit? Aside from listing my work experience i am really struggling to state what i have done and expand on what i have learnt from it, as the word count is so small! Thanks in advance for any help

It's all about how things in your life show your ambition or interest in the chosen course(s). The word count may be small, but from my own experience there is always areas that can be cut down until the limits are not exceeded. Through the summer holidays it would be a good idea to add things to your personal statement since you say you haven't much to say. Additionally, when expanding on information, only include things thst are actually relevant to the course/your interest in the course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take at look at the vet personal statement guide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending