The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jchap9776
Same, house of cards is proving a good distraction!

Omg haha I'm doing the exact same thing! Coincidence... I think not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Thestudent100
Omg haha I'm doing the exact same thing! Coincidence... I think not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
Original post by Flippi1
What about if you suffered an injury in your first term and couldn't play rugby for18 months .... Wouldn't you regret making your choice based around this one thing ? !!

Is that for me?
I would never ever base my choice solely on rugby. It has always been academia first and rugby second although the rugby is a very welcome distraction.
LSE and Bath are both excellent top, top Universities and on the piece of paper sitting in front of me, there is very little to choose between them. Rugby isnt even on the pros and cons list.
Any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by normandi
Any offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

3.45pm they will start coming in !!
Original post by JamjamjamT
Is that for me?
I would never ever base my choice solely on rugby. It has always been academia first and rugby second although the rugby is a very welcome distraction.
LSE and Bath are both excellent top, top Universities and on the piece of paper sitting in front of me, there is very little to choose between them. Rugby isnt even on the pros and cons list.

Sorry my bad .. in a previous post it starts it is just about the rugby though !! Must of misinterpreted that - good luck making your choices
My son is going to firm LSE and insure UCL or Warwick. He is in a great position as his conditions are A* Maths ;Pass in FM ; A in Econ and A in History
Now he already has an A* in Maths as he got 90% and above in his C3 and C4 at AS level and he is predicted A* in FM and Econ so his only worry now
is to get A in History. This means he only has to keep studying history
This early A* takes away huge pressure as opposed to someone needing to get A* at A2
Original post by AQUF42
My son is going to firm LSE and insure UCL or Warwick. He is in a great position as his conditions are A* Maths ;Pass in FM ; A in Econ and A in History
Now he already has an A* in Maths as he got 90% and above in his C3 and C4 at AS level and he is predicted A* in FM and Econ so his only worry now
is to get A in History. This means he only has to keep studying history
This early A* takes away huge pressure as opposed to someone needing to get A* at A2

no disrespect but this does not mean your son only needs to keep studying history. your son should aim for 4 A*s as this will benefit him hugely in later life, and you should be pushing him to achieve this. congratulations on your son's achievements, it is certainly very useful getting that early A* I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flippi1
Sorry my bad .. in a previous post it starts it is just about the rugby though !! Must of misinterpreted that - good luck making your choices

I meant to put that it isn't just about the rugby but I mistyped. Oops. No worries.
Man it's quiet
Apologies as i did not mean the way i have written. You are right as to get jobs or internship it will be better if he can achieve 3 A* and A in history as he was saying it was difficult to get A* in history.
I personally feel as a parent that it's the job of the parents to get the process right since Year 8 where it is an absolute must that a child is given all the support he needs and then it is agian important to choose your GCSE subjects wisely followed by trying to get an early A*
As i did tell my son let's get the process right and not worry about the eventual result
I got an offer from LSE for Law. I? They gave an offer to me????? I am trembling and cannot even digest this right now! I was fully expecting a rejection you guys!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it would be busy in here today - maybe it's all done and dusted now .....

It's tough if you are still waiting .....
Offer for Economics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
I got an offer from LSE for Law. I? They gave an offer to me????? I am trembling and cannot even digest this right now! I was fully expecting a rejection you guys!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done !!
Reply 4257
Original post by *Stefan*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh congrats!!:biggrin:
OFFER FOR SOCIAL ANTHROPOLOGY!!
finally ahhhh after such a long wait since sept
That moment when you're still waiting 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending