The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Deptford Safety

i've heard its really rough around deptford.. as a paranoid female i am just wondering on the spectrum how rough is it actually?

in my mind i am thinking i need to carry a rape alarm, pepper spray, rock in a sock.. would appreciate some perspective/tips from people who live/lived in the area.
I live in an equivalent part of East London and go to Goldsmiths and have friends that live in Peckham just down the road from Deptford. Both of us are bringing up Children in the area. I have never carried anything with me and never been attacked (I've lived in East London my whole life). Of course I can't say you will be fine as terrible things happen to people all the time in lots of places but I don't think that should stop you. I think confidence is one of the most important things, walking around confidently and competently (eg not staggering around drunk) you won't be an easy target.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Lived and went to school around that area. It's honestly not that bad. I've never experienced anyone being attacked from around there and most people tend to walk alone. New Cross is probably a bit more rough but even still, I doubt you'd feel unsafe there.

Check out TSR Movie Madness
Reply 3
Deptford is 5 minutes away from new cross and it is worse than new cross. I ve been living in Dean house for 20 days and considering to move out somewhere else.
Reply 4
Original post by kinyas
Deptford is 5 minutes away from new cross and it is worse than new cross. I ve been living in Dean house for 20 days and considering to move out somewhere else.

Would you mind expanding (even in a private message) on why you've been considering moving out of Dean House? I might be placed there to live and am very curious if I should look elsewhere.
Reply 5
Original post by clwn03
Would you mind expanding (even in a private message) on why you've been considering moving out of Dean House? I might be placed there to live and am very curious if I should look elsewhere.

Because rooms are so small and the bathroom is as small as a yacht bathroom. For example, for taking a shower, I have to little bit lay down in the bathroom.
Place in the main road therefore sometimes its too noisy to sleep.
New cross kinda dangerous because one of my friend was already robbed.
BUT,
it is really close to college. 5 minutes by walking. Its more social and have some parties (not noisy) all the time. And even if new cross is not really safe, the dean house has security things.

sorry for my english. If you have any other questions plz dont hesitate to ask me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending