The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Thornton campus

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone is starting at the new Thornton campus, and where people are staying
Reply 1
Yeah I am starting at the Thornton Campus - but I live local so I am staying at home. I was told that there was free travel from main campus to Thornton daily so I guess the best place to stay if you're living away from home would be student accommodation around main campus.

What course have you applied for?

Im natural sciences.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm a postgraduate in science and technology starting this Friday.

I'm not sure the bus is available outside term time or weekends and public transport travel from the centre is a bit too far.

I'm staying with family to start with, but looking for my own place to rent. Any ideas?
Reply 3
Ahhh ok, no I don't think the free transport is available outside term time.

It is a bit of a tricky one because the Thornton campus is a bit out of the way from public transport, I am not sure what buses go past there, but the nearest main town is Ellesmere Port, rent prices are a lot cheaper around there than Chester but there are a lot of places that you wouldn't want to live there, but as it further away from main campus, there won't be many room lets or house shares because most of the students live closer.

There are some decent places in EP to rent though. There are two villages nearby called Ince and Elton, which are only walking distance to the Thornton campus, but prices may be higher.

There is a very infrequent train from Ellesmere Port to Thornton, but I don't think it would be any good for you as the only morning departure is 7am and the only return train is about 3pm. To cycle from EP to the campus wouldn't take long.

I have quite a good knowledge of the local area so if you need any help with anything then just ask!

Cheers
Original post by radsb
I'm a postgraduate in science and technology starting this Friday.

I'm not sure the bus is available outside term time or weekends and public transport travel from the centre is a bit too far.

I'm staying with family to start with, but looking for my own place to rent. Any ideas?

Hello, can you please confirm the course you are starting and whether you are a UK or International student? We will then be able to give you the correct information :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending