The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I went to one earlier this year (May or sometime around then) and absolutely loved it too. My #1 choice for entry!
I thought I wanted to stay in London but Notts is definitely my first choice now

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone know if you have to get higher than the cut off or is cut off ok? How did people find the gamsat this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think cut off and above is what it is, at least I assume so.

So for example last year was 64 for 2:2, 64+ would be fine, 63 and less would not. But I can't say for certain.

I found S1 harder than in practise, but so it seems like a lot of others did too. Felt S2 was strong for me and feel happier with my S3 then I expected to.

I hope everyone gets the results they need!
Original post by Marathi
I think cut off and above is what it is, at least I assume so.

So for example last year was 64 for 2:2, 64+ would be fine, 63 and less would not. But I can't say for certain.

I found S1 harder than in practise, but so it seems like a lot of others did too. Felt S2 was strong for me and feel happier with my S3 then I expected to.

I hope everyone gets the results they need!

ye i get you. i found S3 a lot harder, and a lot of threads ive read people found S3 really tough. So maybe youre in look then! S2 felt ok but its hard to guess a score cos its like subjective.
Reply 45
Good luck to all this week when the GAMSAT results are released :smile:
Reply 46
Hello everyone,

I have updated the first post with an FAQ section, and made additions to the Updates section too.

I would like the thread to be written by applicants for applicants, so please let me know if there are any changes you would like to make.

MiloMilo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one else have a mini heart attack when the email came through from Nottingham 10 minutes ago with the cut off scores on them? How did everyone do in the GAMSAT in the end? :smile:
Reply 48
Hey guys. I remember someone posting the previous years GAMSAT cuts off for Notts, not just last years but i can’t for the life of me find it again. Does anyone have this info as I’m keen to see how much the cutoffs have changed over the years. I have a score of 60 and I’m just wondering if there is a chance that the cutoff could increase this year. Cheers
Original post by nug
Hey guys. I remember someone posting the previous years GAMSAT cuts off for Notts, not just last years but i can’t for the life of me find it again. Does anyone have this info as I’m keen to see how much the cutoffs have changed over the years. I have a score of 60 and I’m just wondering if there is a chance that the cutoff could increase this year. Cheers

Email that just came through said it is being set at 61 for anyone with a 2.1 Bsc/undergraduate masters equivalent and 66 for 2.2.
Reply 50
Original post by TranquilRawr
Email that just came through said it is being set at 61 for anyone with a 2.1 Bsc/undergraduate masters equivalent and 66 for 2.2.

Thanks. Havent received the email and now very disappointed :frown:
Original post by nug
Thanks. Havent received the email and now very disappointed :frown:

There has been a few who have said they have not received the email yet which is a bit strange. :/

Do you have any other options left? Only takes one interview and offer so don't abandon hope yet!
Reply 52
No email from this side yet either :frown:

Have you calculated both ways Nug? Notts also use the alternative method & so do SGUL?
Reply 53
Original post by TranquilRawr
There has been a few who have said they have not received the email yet which is a bit strange. :/

Do you have any other options left? Only takes one interview and offer so don't abandon hope yet!

I have an interview at Newcastle and still waiting to hear back from Kings and Warwick but Notts was my first choice. I had honestly thought I didnt have a chance post GAMSAT. But when I got my results this morning, hope was cruelly restored only to be shattered a few hours later :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by nug
I have an interview at Newcastle and still waiting to hear back from Kings and Warwick but Notts was my first choice. I had honestly thought I didnt have a chance post GAMSAT. But when I got my results this morning, hope was cruelly restored only to be shattered a few hours later :frown:

Might be worth waiting Nug (sorry to be a bit stalkerish) but equally weighted you have a 60.67 - might want to see if they round that up :smile:
Reply 55
Email has finally turned up :smile: sent at 9.29 and received just now so I guess their server is struggling to keep up with demand:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your application to study (A101) Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM) at the University of Nottingham.

The GAMSAT scores for 2015 have been set at 61 for applicants with a 2:1 honours degree or above (including Masters or above)and 66 for applicants with a 2:2 honours degree. You will also need to meet the section cut off scores; a minimum of 55 in section 2, 55 in section 1 or 3 and 50 in the remaining section.

Please note we are experiencing high call volume and we ask you do not contact the office at this time.

Kind Regards
Booooo looks like I'm out, all the best to the rest of you being interviewed!
Reply 57
Original post by M150
Might be worth waiting Nug (sorry to be a bit stalkerish) but equally weighted you have a 60.67 - might want to see if they round that up :smile:

Yes Im now praying they will round up when they calculate the equal weighted score :redface:

Has anyone had any experience of this in the past?
Reply 58
Sounds like a stupid question but my overall is 61, does that mean I'm being considered or not?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by Mr Men
Sounds like a stupid question but my overall is 61, does that mean I'm being considered or not?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Provided you meet all other criteria you've scraped in :wink: congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending