The Student Room Group

colleges/6th forms in London

Hi , i want to do medicine at university and hope to go to a Russel group university, my grades a pretty great ( i am predicted all A's ) and have already done a gcse in which i got an A*. I am also a G&T student but really can't understand why my school is not predicting anyone A*'s. I mean even if i get an A* in a half term test they would still put an A on my report.

but my question is what are some of the best 6th forms/colleges in London to apply too with good exam results and from which a number of students get into Russel group universities ?

thanks
bump
Reply 2
Original post by Humzaawan123
bump

Um the closest ones to me are Woodhouse & St Dominics - which are both really good. (I'm from NW London :smile:)
Original post by CBftw
Um the closest ones to me are Woodhouse & St Dominics - which are both really good. (I'm from NW London :smile:)

Thanks! .....yeah i really like the look of woodhouse but i heard it is hard to get into , and i think you have to be catholic to go to st Domonics
Reply 4
Thanks! .....yeah i really like the look of woodhouse but i heard it is hard to get into , and i think you have to be catholic to go to st Domonics

Well I got offers from both colleges - and although Woodhouse is good its pretty far away. One bus journey that lasts for like an hour and a half :eek:
I'm going to St Dominics (starting tomorrow) & I'm not Catholic, although I am Christian. You don't have to be Catholic to go, but you must follow a religion as you will need a religious reference as part of your application :smile:
Original post by CBftw
Well I got offers from both colleges - and although Woodhouse is good its pretty far away. One bus journey that lasts for like an hour and a half :eek:
I'm going to St Dominics (starting tomorrow) & I'm not Catholic, although I am Christian. You don't have to be Catholic to go, but you must follow a religion as you will need a religious reference as part of your application :smile:

wait , i don't have to be a christian ? i am muslim btw and woodhouse is actually really close to me about a 10 minute drive or half hour by bus
Reply 6
wait , i don't have to be a christian ? i am muslim btw and woodhouse is actually really close to me about a 10 minute drive or half hour by bus

Oh alright then, so maybe Woodhouse will be better in terms of journey time?
& no you don't have to be Christian :smile:
Original post by CBftw
Oh alright then, so maybe Woodhouse will be better in terms of journey time?
& no you don't have to be Christian :smile:

thanks so much for clearing that up , i really like the look of st dominics tbh but it's sooooo far
(edited 9 years ago)
i think maximum an hour journey
Reply 9
If you can manage to get your school to predict you A*'s look Into henrietta barnet and Camden school for girls
Latymer's another great one
really ? i thought they are super oversubscribed every year
Original post by Intellectuallyty
If you can manage to get your school to predict you A*'s look Into henrietta barnet and Camden school for girls

I wish , i hate my school so much
well hopefully i get in because it is really close to my house and what sixth form do you currently go ?
Reply 15
I live In North London and The only good sixth forms near me are Woodhouse or Fortismere

Quick Reply

Latest