The Student Room Group

Why do people hate immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jaang
Family wants me to buy a house etc but I'm resisting without exactly telling them I don't plan to stay here long ...

I'm planning to move to Canada or Germany after my studies (I have family over there).

And you know what is funny in the story?

It's funny how when they come to visit our countries, we're very kind with them, yet when we go to theirs, they treat us badly...
I don't hate immigrants, I believe we're all equal regardless of race and religion etc. You respect me and I'll respect you it's that simple.
Reply 82
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I don't hate immigrants, I believe we're all equal regardless of race and religion etc. You respect me and I'll respect you it's that simple.

Same here I'm colour blind.
Reply 83
Original post by kayleighisonfire

Unfortunately the general feeling is that such views are decreasing :frown:
Original post by Minju
Same here,I don't think my family is safe in this country.

How is it not safe?
Original post by Minju
I'm planning to move to Canada or Germany after my studies (I have family over there).

It's funny how when they come to visit our countries, we're very kind with them, yet when we go to theirs, they treat us badly...

You must be joking.

Oh and you are also using racist generalisation now and all through this thread. Yes, all white people hate immigrants. I personally engineered the Bengal famine, and was also the person who fired the first bullet in the Amritsar Massacre. Run for the hills before the white man eats your children. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest. You are pathetic.

Basically from this thread all I can conclude is that you hate white British people. That's fine, I also read you are leaving this country to go and live in Germany. Good riddance and best of luck. We don't need anymore racists, whether they are white, brown or black.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Minju
Are you joking? go back a little in history you country looted from my country,so as an Indian I have all the right to earn back my money that the British empire stole from my ancestors..

We are boosting your economy and you complain?

What about all the Brits in India?

What?

Yes, I know! All white British people must pay £50 a week "back" to the Indian government, that should make things fair. Maybe then we could imprison a load for theft for a period of time. That'll teach them. :rolleyes:

Those dam white people, stealing all the money and living a life of luxury of McDonalds and whatnot.

You are pathetic. You don't have any "right" to steal money. That money is not yours, it is theirs. They earn it through honest work. No white person today goes on magical empire building trips to steal money, they earn it through working for businesses, just like the rest of us.
(edited 9 years ago)
Very few hate immigrants for who they are, but society can be changed by immigration in a way which is not sympathetic to the ambitions of the native population, simple as that. If your new neighbour is an Islamist from Afghanistan then you havent been enriched by immigration, youve now got a neighbour with very different and irreconcilable views on fundamental issues. If your new neighbour is a Romanian fella with the same trade as you, then your career prospects have taken a hit. If your new neighbour has 10 kids, who dont speak English at home, then it is quite rational to wonder how your kids' education will be affected. If your new neighbour is a Pakistani family who view English girls on a typical night out as ''worthless white whores'' then you will reconsider the safety of his daughter.

In you're a fella in Bradford in the 1950s, maybe it was sensible to wonder how your life would be affected by all the strange new people arriving. Were they into keeping pigeons and have similar views on religious tolerance, political freedom, fashion, etiquette, sexual politics, cuisine etc etc as himself? If they didnt then did he really want the place being overrun by them? Not if he was logical.

This is obvious, to just scream 'Bigot !!!!' is wilfully ignorant of perfectly rational behaviour and justifiable opinion. Fundamentally 99% of us do our best to rub along as best we can regardless of differences, but sometimes immigration just makes life worse(and sometimes it makes it better too)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Minju

That's because you lot don't tend to go home after "visiting" our country.
I certainly do not hate immigrants. In fact, I think some of them are a brilliant and vital part of our country, and what makes it good.

However, comments such as the paragraph that you "deleted" is probably a big indicator as to why some people hate immigrants. If you are an immigrant in this country, you are benefiting from our society, and it is really not good form to decide to not only slag off our culture, but also to generalise about white British people as if we are all the same. That is racist.
I am nothing like anything that you described in that paragraph; I do not fit into the generalisation, and neither do most people. There is a minority of our population who act like this, but they certainly do not over shadow the majority of hard working people with good standards and morals.

If you are benefiting from living and studying in our country, and/or from earning money from our economy, as an immigrant, you really don't have much cause to complain. The way our society works is an integral part of what makes our economy and country successful enough for immigrants to arrive here and benefit from that; our culture can't be that bad if it has lead not only to our country's own success, but also is one of the most lenient when it comes to allowing immigrants in also benefit from this success.

I welcome legal immigrants, most of them are hard working and grateful for the opportunity of prospering here. They respect the country; if you don't, you shouldn't be here.
Reply 90
Green passport all the way lol
Can we please keep this thread on topic? Please remember that derailing a thread in D&CA could result in warning cards.
Let's get this back on track.
Original post by delboy_bell
All white people are racist. I have said this many times

Even white people who marry or have kids to non- whites. Even whites who write books about racism. Even whites who adopt black kids. Even whites who work in Kenya as an exchange student. All have internalized some aspects of white supremacist thinking

If you truly believe that all white people are racist, (and I assume you live in the UK) why would you choose to stay in the UK, there are plenty of non-white countries around the world. Even those who are openly racist about the "white devil". Such as Zimbabwe, I think you would like it there it is just as anti white as you are.
Reply 93
Original post by DiddyDec
How is it not safe?

Like I said it is very difficult to understand
Reply 94
Original post by DiddyDec
If you truly believe that all white people are racist, (and I assume you live in the UK) why would you choose to stay in the UK, there are plenty of non-white countries around the world. Even those who are openly racist about the "white devil". Such as Zimbabwe, I think you would like it there it is just as anti white as you are.

He seems like someone out to cause mischief, ignore him, he is only trying to waste your time
Jurrrrbs. They took 'em.
Reply 96
Jealousy ,they feel envious when they see people who are willing to work harder than them.
Original post by Minju
Hi everyone I'm an Indian student who's been living in the UK for 6 years and I have seen racism unprovoked racism against Indians and other minorities here in the UK ,I'd like to know why do some people hate immigrants?

In my opinion most people get angry towards the immigrants or non-white people who they think are responsible for the above being done, they don't bother to ask themselves who is letting it happen, who is opening the floodgates and why.

One thing most English people do not understand about the whole immigration and visa system in the UK is that it is one hell of a money maker for the Government and thus provides a ton of jobs. Most of you guys wouldn't know that as you probably never dealt with trying to get your family to visit from India, Pakistan or married someone from abroad etc... The Visa fees are very high, if you marry a girl in say India and want to bring her back to the UK, she now has to pass a IELTS test again which is expensive (money goes to British Embassy), then the spouse visa is around at least £800-£1k (increases in price each year pretty much). Then once the girl is in the UK, you pay more for further tests and then more for indefinite leave to remain and then finally some more to become a naturalised and then a British Citizen. All of this is one very big business and it isn't going to go away soon because there's just too much money involved. So my theory is the British Government let in a certain amount of people each year to give hope to those who apply for visas so they spend their cash on the visas, if the Government stopped all immigration those people applying for visas would stop and this cash cow would come to a halt. It doesn't make it right but where there is greed, morals and values go out the window.

All of this is a product of your own people and no one else is to blame.

This :wink:
You have some good points OP but we don't want freshies coming from abroad to marry here they are not English and hardly speak a word of English and most likely take more from the economy than they contribute. Before anyone plays the race card of me I am saying this as a British Indian :P
Original post by neal95
You have some good points OP but we don't want freshies coming from abroad to marry here they are not English and hardly speak a word of English and most likely take more from the economy than they contribute. Before anyone plays the race card of me I am saying this as a British Indian :P

There is no 'race card',your saying that your British Indian ,what is 'English for you',As a South Asian I think immigration is fantastic,it can give people hopes and jobs,they do not take more than they contribute....

I don't think your Indian,your ancestors were 'freshies',there is nothing wrong with people from India,they work harder than most of Brits ,and they are smarter same for other groups of immigrants.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending