The Student Room Group

If you want to know how to deal with depression, here is your answer

I've struggled with depression for years and I have been through a lot of crap. I've never been able to deal with my feelings in a healthy way, but recently the answer came to me.

Being a writer, I'd always used writing as a way of venting and getting things off my chest. Recently, though, I decided to make it public as a way of getting everything out there and starting fresh. I feel so much better now, and a lot of people have sent me messages opening up about private parts of their lives.

It's inspiring to see people dealing with their problems and I hope that my blog will help others see that there is nothing you can't get through as long as you fight and keep going.

The first post of my blog is below. Just as a warning, it talks about some very serious issues, which may not be suitable for all to read, but the things I've written about are things that I've been through and I hope it helps people to see that we all have the strength inside of us to survive anything.

https://myridiculousworld.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/the-first-post-is-the-deepest/
Reply 1
Didn't work for lots of writers who died by suicide.

I might try it though.

I'll read your blog post now and see what I think.
i am sure many members of TSR will value your blog.
Reading some of that was very strange. There was one bit in there that I've actually asked someone word for word. You are strong. I wish you the very best for your future.
Reply 4
:hugs:
Reply 5
Thanks for reading, guys. :smile:
:hugs: That post was really intense and I bet it's hard putting all of your emotions on there. I really wish you the best!
Reply 7
Thanks for telling me how to do .
i will try~
I really admire you for putting yourself out there like that and completely opening up emotionally

I really wish you the best for the future

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Thanks!

For those of you who haven't already, please go check out my blog! The first post is lengthy and depressing, but it's all light humour after that, honest!
Original post by Nerol
Thanks!

For those of you who haven't already, please go check out my blog! The first post is lengthy and depressing, but it's all light humour after that, honest!

Amazing, I used this method when I was suffering from depression a few years ago, it really does help. Complete respect to you for being so open and putting it out there! Not sure if I could have done the same lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Thank you for sharing your story with us. x
:console:
Reply 12
THE ROLE I PLAY

New post for you all. It's another long one. I went off on one a bit... hopefully you'll enjoy it, though!

Quick Reply

Latest