The Student Room Group

Btec science

Hi ,
Really worried just found out on friday that i will be doing BTEC Science and core for year 11 , i am really worried because i dont know if i will not be able to get in colleges and sixth forms with a btec qualification in science if anyone knows the real reason about colleges , effect it will cause etc much will be apreciated
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lozziey
Hi ,
Really worried just found out on friday that i will be doing BTEC Science and core for year 11 , i am really worried because i dont know if i will not be able to get in colleges and sixth forms with a btec qualification in science if anyone knows the real reason about colleges , effect it will cause etc much will be apreciated

I did btec (****ty) science learned **** all anyways Im doing A levels in Maths, Accounting and Business , however the major problem is some colleges will accept it as a qualification which is good if you have a Distinction = A (they will see it as like my college did) while others will just ignore it as a qualification and won't include it in the point score which could lead them to steering you to other subjects or you picking other subjects if your grades in your other subjects are weak e.g. if you have all C grades. :/.
With the btec qualification lastly you can;t do either Physics, Chemistry or Biology at A level and can only take forensics level 3 if you want to do it furthur which limits science opportunities.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ChocoholicCox
I did btec (****ty) science learned **** all anyways Im doing A levels in Maths, Accounting and Business , however the major problem is some colleges will accept it as a qualification which is good if you have a Distinction = A (they will see it as like my college did) while others will just ignore it as a qualification and won't include it in the point score which could lead them to steering you to other subjects or you picking other subjects if your grades in your other subjects are weak e.g. if you have all C grades. :/.
With the btec qualification lastly you can;t do either Physics, Chemistry or Biology at A level and can only take forensics level 3 if you want to do it furthur which limits science opportunities.

Couldn't one argue that they should have worked harder to maintain a seat in double/triple science at GCSE if they want to take it as a future option?
Original post by Magistl
Couldn't one argue that they should have worked harder to maintain a seat in double/triple science at GCSE if they want to take it as a future option?

I completely agree but its just that when you first take btec you don't realise till mostly likely too late that some colleges won't accept it in the point score meaning to the college its not even a qualification ,basically you can either complain and say yourll try harder or just give up with science all together after btec :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending