The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
you should get another one soon, with all these details on. No panic please!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 181
oh good. i was worring too for a second there.

just a random question int e wrong place here. has anyone recieved anything about getting a bursary? im pretty sure i should get one but ive heard nothing about it :s-smilie:
Reply 182
Hey, I was just wondering if you knew how many people are in Morgan Hall altogether? Because some people says its 140 and others 30!

x
Reply 183
oooh are you in morgan hall aswell?

im pretty sure it said 140 in the leaflets. i think 30 would be a tad on the small side. i think its 140 altogether and theres 8 people on a landing/ to a bathroom/kitchen.
Reply 184
Yeah that makes sense! And yeah i am! It's been nearly I year since I saw it so just trying to work it out now lol x
Reply 185
:smile: i jsut realised 140 doesnt actually divide by 8 :s-smilie: it'll work out somehow.

i can't remember which halls i saw when i had my tour of the Lawns but it wasnt Morgan 'cos they didn't have washbasins. I hope the rooms are an ok size.
Reply 186
I saw Morgan (thats why I put it down!), and the room sizes seemed ok to me! And im pretty sure they had washbasins :s-smilie: It all seems so long ago! x
Reply 187
You get Morgan Hall, then different blocks within the hall - Ato E. 30ish in a block, 5 blocks - 150 people :smile:

problem solved :smile:
Reply 188
ah that works :smile:

with the lawns being semi - catered does each hall have its own canteen or is it just one for the whole of the lawns? i remember seeing one but it didn't seem like it was big enough to seat everyone :s-smilie:
Reply 189
**packs extra eggs and flour for beth**

More the merrier :smile:
Spekka
ah that works :smile:

with the lawns being semi - catered does each hall have its own canteen or is it just one for the whole of the lawns? i remember seeing one but it didn't seem like it was big enough to seat everyone :s-smilie:

One canteen for everyone. It's perfectly big enough, although sometimes you had to que for 10 mins or so.
Reply 191
it is plenty big enough and obviously there is a 2 and a half hour serving slot so not everyone turns up at once!
Reply 192
2 and a half hours for 1000 people -ish- to eat doesn't seem that long but i guess it works out. i'll get intot he swing of it.
Reply 193
I'm starting to get a little bit worried now.

I was an insurance applicant so I didn't have to pay the deposit etc... until I accepted the course which I did.

I recieved the information on the course today but I still haven't recieved anything from the accomodation office with a contract etc...

Is there anyone else who has not recieved anything or shall I stop worrying and let the accomodation people sort it all out?
Reply 194
dancat
I'm starting to get a little bit worried now.

I was an insurance applicant so I didn't have to pay the deposit etc... until I accepted the course which I did.

I recieved the information on the course today but I still haven't recieved anything from the accomodation office with a contract etc...

Is there anyone else who has not recieved anything or shall I stop worrying and let the accomodation people sort it all out?

same here. I keep checking my email every few mins, its getting annoying. I phoned the accomodation office last week, and they said that if i dont recieve an email from them by the 3rd, to call them back. But if i havnt heard anything by lunch today im going to phone them again.

Edit - Just phoned and aparently theres more students this year than they anticipated, which is why its taking longer for places to be allocated.
Reply 195
it was the same with firm choice accomodation apps. it was supposed to take about 4 weeks to recieve a contract but i was waiting 6 for mine.
Reply 196
Getting kind of worried about this accom thing, I fax'd and had my app confirmed as recieved on the 19th yet I've not heard a whisper back and there are people all over the place saying how there is nothing left outside of shared rooms/private housing.
Reply 197
Thwaite Hall is gone. Needler Hall is gone. Now only the student houses are left. I went there today and was told not to apply for needler or thwaite and i was told i could get some at the lawns for sharing. I was told this by the undergraduate admissions lady Bella.
Reply 198
Speak of the devil tbh

1 Hour Ago: 1st September 2008 21:08

Ns

Guess I'll be going shared :frown:
Reply 199
I applied for student houses after accepting my place through clearing...

Unfortunately we have not had any vacancies become available within self-catered accommodation in order to place you within our own self-catered accommodation, I would appreciate if you can inform me from the following options currently available for accommodation which would prefer to opt for:

A shared room within the Lawns complex this would be sharing with someone we have matched you with from the details you have provided on your form and we also try and match you with someone studying the same or similar course.

Alternatively we can direct you to The Scheme accommodation this is student houses owned by private landlords and accredited by the University. These are self-catered properties and are normally within the University Campus area. We would organise this on your behalf.

So does that mean there are no more places available for the student houses?

Whats the Scheme like? As I don't think I fancy sharing a room with somebody...

Quick Reply

Latest