The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Hiya, got a room available in Newland Village. Great proximity to the university (which is gold for lie in days) which is about 5-7 mins walk away unless you walk really slowly and less than 5 minutes walk to Lidl, Tesco, Sainsburys and price crunch. £400 a month, bills all inclusive, television in the living room, own car park. Room comes with double wardrobe, chest of drawers, bookshelf, bedside table, desk and chair. No need for semester bus pass. Contact for more info :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
How early would I have to reply to my offer to stand a chance at getting in Nicholson Halls?
Am I right in thinking that new students joining the university in September 2012 get a letter with username and password on it on May 17th in order to apply for accomodation - at the earliest?
Hull accommodation. One room available for rent. £60 pw, in a nice and well decorated house. If you would like more details please ask me.

Thanks
Reply 2004
so basically im screwed... the girls im living with are staying with their drama lot next year and the lads im living with are doing a year in industry next year (it never occured to me to see what other people were doing till it was too late). I was thinking of staying in taylor court for my 3rd and final year, what do you guys think? (i dont really want to try and "re-live" the lawns)

cheers
Original post by mechacrash
3 Beds in a full refurbed private owned house (due to be completed March 2012) off Newlands Avenue will be available for Aug 2012. 2 doubles and 1 King Bed ranging 65, 70 and 75 which includes ALL bills including broadband, incoming phone line and TV license. 1 bath with separate shower, also 2nd WC in utility room downstairs. All mod cons being fitted and all electrics, plumbing, windows, alarm, fixtures and fittings brand new! Imminently due to be advertised in the scheme...but anyone want to know any more then contact me asap !

Sorry folks....Looks like this is now rented from Sept to 3 lucky ladies !
Does anyone know when the earliest is I can apply for accomodation? I really would like en suite so know I will have to reply early I just don't want to miss the chance of getting an en suite. Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by charlotterowan
Does anyone know when the earliest is I can apply for accomodation? I really would like en suite so know I will have to reply early I just don't want to miss the chance of getting an en suite. Thanks in advance :smile:

From what i remember from last year it was the end of may :smile: they will send you login details etc through the post in a couple of months i suspect
Ok thakyou, am i likely to get en suite if i apply straight away? do you know?
I think its first come first served. I deferred my place but i did get offered a ensuite, i dont know on what basis though, maybe because i was a mature student, i think they also take into account any needs (if any) you may have.
Does anyone know if you have to reply to the offer before you get your logon details? I'd like self-catered en suite, and I know it's very limited, so I want to apply asap.
I was also wondering if anyone know round about when application starts? Just so I can be on the ball. :smile:
Thanks! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DoubleNegative
Does anyone know if you have to reply to the offer before you get your logon details? I'd like self-catered en suite, and I know it's very limited, so I want to apply asap.
I was also wondering if anyone know round about when application starts? Just so I can be on the ball. :smile:
Thanks! :smile:

self catered en suite is very limited? Damn that's exactly what I want, better be quick ay :P
I think I've posted something like this somewhere near here before, but experience of a friend and others they know at Hull is that the accommodation allocation is a bit random. If you apply on the first day during the first hour possible and put Nicholson Halls as a first choice, don't assume you will get it. In fact, you may not get any of the options you have put down but the accommodation people are apparently super helpful and whatever you do get, you are very likely to be happy, so I'm told.
Does anyone know if its possible to look round the accomodation?
Also, does anyone know around when they send the email out? I thought it'd be around now, but I've heard nothing.
Appearently Lawns is the best place to go? Any guranteed way to get there?
Original post by Silver Aurora
Appearently Lawns is the best place to go? Any guranteed way to get there?

If you apply for accommodation on the Lawns, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it, so I wouldn't worry.
Hey (:
I've just been offered a place on the drama and theater practice course, but can't tell ANYTHING about accommodation as there are no pictures on the website?!
I've heard the only halls with ensuite bathrooms are pretty boring and not the best ones to be in, and I've also heard that the internet is really bad- is this true?
Not slagging the place off before I've even got there, obviously, just don't know what to expect/where to apply to live!
(:
xx
Reply 2018
Original post by Holly-Robyn
Hey (:
I've just been offered a place on the drama and theater practice course, but can't tell ANYTHING about accommodation as there are no pictures on the website?!
I've heard the only halls with ensuite bathrooms are pretty boring and not the best ones to be in, and I've also heard that the internet is really bad- is this true?
Not slagging the place off before I've even got there, obviously, just don't know what to expect/where to apply to live!
(:
xx

Hey. Finally another Drama student. I have a place on Drama and Theatre Practice too. Hull is my Firm. I fell in love with the place when I went there. Is it your first choice?
I know, I don't know which accommodation to apply for, either. There really isn't alot of imformation on it. However, I would like an ensuite room. I hope they are not boring.

:smile:
Reply 2019
Just selected Hull as my firm :smile: I asked at the open day and apparently we should be able to apply for accommodation around May (as with previous years) so now to wait!

Quick Reply

Latest