Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat

Hull Uni Accommodation

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know around when they send the email out? I thought it'd be around now, but I've heard nothing.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Appearently Lawns is the best place to go? Any guranteed way to get there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Aurora)
    Appearently Lawns is the best place to go? Any guranteed way to get there?
    If you apply for accommodation on the Lawns, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it, so I wouldn't worry.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey (:
    I've just been offered a place on the drama and theater practice course, but can't tell ANYTHING about accommodation as there are no pictures on the website?!
    I've heard the only halls with ensuite bathrooms are pretty boring and not the best ones to be in, and I've also heard that the internet is really bad- is this true?
    Not slagging the place off before I've even got there, obviously, just don't know what to expect/where to apply to live!
    (:
    xx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly-Robyn)
    Hey (:
    I've just been offered a place on the drama and theater practice course, but can't tell ANYTHING about accommodation as there are no pictures on the website?!
    I've heard the only halls with ensuite bathrooms are pretty boring and not the best ones to be in, and I've also heard that the internet is really bad- is this true?
    Not slagging the place off before I've even got there, obviously, just don't know what to expect/where to apply to live!
    (:
    xx
    Hey. Finally another Drama student. I have a place on Drama and Theatre Practice too. Hull is my Firm. I fell in love with the place when I went there. Is it your first choice?
    I know, I don't know which accommodation to apply for, either. There really isn't alot of imformation on it. However, I would like an ensuite room. I hope they are not boring.

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just selected Hull as my firm I asked at the open day and apparently we should be able to apply for accommodation around May (as with previous years) so now to wait!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .gina)
    Just selected Hull as my firm I asked at the open day and apparently we should be able to apply for accommodation around May (as with previous years) so now to wait!
    Hey,
    Did you get to see the accomodation at the open day? I really don't know which one to apply for.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMHS93)
    Hey,
    Did you get to see the accomodation at the open day? I really don't know which one to apply for.
    I saw Nicholson Hall at the Lawns (apparently all the other Halls are basically the same there except for the kitchen facilities) and I saw a student house. I really liked the Lawns, it just seemed like a nice community to be in since it's a big set so I'd like to be there if I get the grades. I'd say it all depends on whether you want to be self-catered or catered and within those whether you're bothered about an en-suite or not
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .gina)
    I saw Nicholson Hall at the Lawns (apparently all the other Halls are basically the same there except for the kitchen facilities) and I saw a student house. I really liked the Lawns, it just seemed like a nice community to be in since it's a big set so I'd like to be there if I get the grades. I'd say it all depends on whether you want to be self-catered or catered and within those whether you're bothered about an en-suite or not
    What was it like? Are the rooms large or small? Nicholson Hall will be my first choice, I think and if I don't get in there, another en-suite hall hopefully. I just couldn't cope with sharing a bathroom.

What will you be studying?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What was it like? Are the rooms large or small? Nicholson Hall will be my first choice, I think and if I don't get in there, another en-suite hall hopefully. I just couldn't cope with sharing a bathroom.

What will you be studying?
    I wouldn't say they were huge but they're a pretty decent size I'd say, there was a bed, wardrobe and desk in there (and the en-suite) and I'd still say it wasn't particularly cramped. Also the balcony I'll probably put Nicholson en-suite as my choice too and then any other en-suite hall second. I'm not too fussy when it comes to food and there looked to be plenty of choice if you aren't a vegetarian on the menus. Apparently the bathrooms are cleaned every day in shared, but I'd really rather have my own bathroom lol.

I'm planning on studying politics, how about you?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .gina)
    I wouldn't say they were huge but they're a pretty decent size I'd say, there was a bed, wardrobe and desk in there (and the en-suite) and I'd still say it wasn't particularly cramped. Also the balcony I'll probably put Nicholson en-suite as my choice too and then any other en-suite hall second. I'm not too fussy when it comes to food and there looked to be plenty of choice if you aren't a vegetarian on the menus. Apparently the bathrooms are cleaned every day in shared, but I'd really rather have my own bathroom lol.

I'm planning on studying politics, how about you?
    I also don't mind being semi-catered, as long as I have an en-suite, but I would prefer to cook my own food.

Hopefully, I will be studying Drama and Theatre Practice. Now, it is just a waiting game for everything, Grades and Accomodation.
    However, I am getting far to excited and I have already started buying 'Uni Things'
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I thin I'll probably be putting Reckitt as my first choice. Can anyone tell me what furniture is already in the en-suite room? I know there'll be a bed, desk and wardrobe but I'm think more about shelves etc.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Music student so I think I'll be staying at the thwaite Hall. Can anybody living there tell me about the Piano?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also don't mind being semi-catered, as long as I have an en-suite, but I would prefer to cook my own food.

Hopefully, I will be studying Drama and Theatre Practice. Now, it is just a waiting game for everything, Grades and Accomodation.

However, I am getting far to excited and I have already started buying 'Uni Things'
    I'm the same as you. I'm not too bothered about being self-catered, but I quite like the idea of being semi. I think I'm going for Nicholoson, Grant and Lambert on the Lawns. You?
    I'm studying Psychology - have you firmed yet?
    I have a uni box in the spare room. :P It's full of things already, and my mam's already given me some pots and pans XD so don't worry, you're not alone. :')
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoubleNegative)
    I'm the same as you. I'm not too bothered about being self-catered, but I quite like the idea of being semi. I think I'm going for Nicholoson, Grant and Lambert on the Lawns. You?
    I'm studying Psychology - have you firmed yet?
    I have a uni box in the spare room. :P It's full of things already, and my mam's already given me some pots and pans XD so don't worry, you're not alone. :')
    I just want to have an en-suite. I think I'm going to also apply for those three. They seem like the best Halls for me.

Yeah, I firmed as soon as I got my offer, I fell in love with Hull when I went to my interview day. It was originally my last choice. ... How about you?

Haha, I have a 'Uni Cupboard'. But I'm glad I'm not alone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Almost finished my first year here, I'm also living at the Lawns. I got some useful help/tips from this very thread before I started a few months ago, so I thought I'd return the favour

Anyone have any questions? about the uni/the lawns?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I just want to have an en-suite. I think I'm going to also apply for those three. They seem like the best Halls for me.

Yeah, I firmed as soon as I got my offer, I fell in love with Hull when I went to my interview day. It was originally my last choice. ... How about you?

Haha, I have a 'Uni Cupboard'. But I'm glad I'm not alone.
    My situation is exactly the same. I was barely even considering Hull, but I was so impressed at the university and they really put a lot of effort into the interview day. I'm most likely going to make it my Firm next week. Where will you be staying? I'll be aiming to go to Thwaite if I go to Hull.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamNimrod)
    My situation is exactly the same. I was barely even considering Hull, but I was so impressed at the university and they really put a lot of effort into the interview day. I'm most likely going to make it my Firm next week. Where will you be staying? I'll be aiming to go to Thwaite if I go to Hull.
    Just a small hint, The Lawns is a better place to stay overall IMO.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beano)
    Just a small hint, The Lawns is a better place to stay overall IMO.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll relook the Lawns but tbh with you I'm a Pianist and I'm extremely tempted by the Steinway Grand Piano.

Thanks for the heads up though, is there any other information you can give me?
    Appreciate it!

Liam
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiamNimrod)
    They were so organised when I was there and they really helpful. All of the staff and students were so lovely.
    I'm probably going to apply to the Lawns, preferably Self-catered/Ensuite.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.