The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SMHS93
I just want to have an en-suite. :smile: I think I'm going to also apply for those three. They seem like the best Halls for me.

Yeah, I firmed as soon as I got my offer, I fell in love with Hull when I went to my interview day. It was originally my last choice. :wink: ... How about you?

Haha, I have a 'Uni Cupboard'. :smile: But I'm glad I'm not alone.

Yeah, I'm not keen on sharing a bathroom. :/ It's why I've chosen those three, they're all ensuite. :smile:

Same actually. Hull was my last choice until I visited. I really, really love it. And the course is phenomenal. What's your offer? :smile:

I'm sure mine'll expand into a cupboard soon, the box is already full. :')
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2041
Original post by DoubleNegative
Yeah, I'm not keen on sharing a bathroom. :/ It's why I've chosen those three, they're all ensuite. :smile:

Same actually. Hull was my last choice until I visited. I really, really love it. And the course is phenomenal. What's your offer? :smile:

I'm sure mine'll expand into a cupboard soon, the box is already full. :')

Hopefully, we shall get en-suite, if we apply soon enough. :smile:
My offer is 320 UCAS points/DDM (I'm doing a BTEC). Yours?

Ahaaa, I got some more things today and there is no more room in the cupboard. :wink:
Original post by SMHS93
2 Pros & Several Cons. Thwaite seems to be lacking many things. Surely the music department will have several pianos?
If you don't get into Thwaite, What will be your other choices?

You are right, there do seem to be more cons and ofc the music department has Pianos. But it is such a convenience not to have to travel to use a Piano seeing as im going to be practicing a LOT. Besidies this is a steinway grand. I suppose nothing is set in stone atm and I should really do some more research. When were you thinking of applying for accommodation. I'm not really sure when would be the best time.
Reply 2043
Original post by LiamNimrod
You are right, there do seem to be more cons and ofc the music department has Pianos. But it is such a convenience not to have to travel to use a Piano seeing as im going to be practicing a LOT. Besidies this is a steinway grand. I suppose nothing is set in stone atm and I should really do some more research. When were you thinking of applying for accommodation. I'm not really sure when would be the best time.

I guess it is convenient if you will be practicing everyday/most days.

I think we get accomodation packs sometime in May, So I guess as soon as I get this because I wanna get into my first choice. :smile:
Original post by SMHS93
I guess it is convenient if you will be practicing everyday/most days.

I think we get accomodation packs sometime in May, So I guess as soon as I get this because I wanna get into my first choice. :smile:

Oh, I didn't even know we get sent accommodation packs. That's good, it gives me more time to do my own research. I was expecting to apply early april. That's good. I take ages making decisions.
Reply 2045
When you actually apply for accommodation, do you actually pick specific halls? I was under the impression you stated whether you'd prefer self-catered en-suite/catered en-suite etc and they allocate you to the best choice based on your preferences?
Reply 2046
Original post by LiamNimrod
Thanks for the heads up, I'll relook the Lawns but tbh with you I'm a Pianist and I'm extremely tempted by the Steinway Grand Piano. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up though, is there any other information you can give me?
Appreciate it!

Liam

In that case, the lawns may not be for you. There is a shared piano in the main centre if the you end up being in the lawns though.
Original post by SMHS93
Hopefully, we shall get en-suite, if we apply soon enough. :smile:
My offer is 320 UCAS points/DDM (I'm doing a BTEC). Yours?

Ahaaa, I got some more things today and there is no more room in the cupboard. :wink:

Hopefully! I check my email and post everyday, even though I know we won't get it until May. Somewhere near the 17th I think, since that's when it was last year. :smile:
I'm 280 points, it's actually my lowest offer. XD People are always surprised I'm going to Hull, but I really love it there, so the low offer is even better. :biggrin:

Haha lol that's brilliant. :') I'll be filling some more space next week since my mum is spring cleaning. I'll get tooooonnes of mugs. XD
Reply 2048
Hopefully! I check my email and post everyday, even though I know we won't get it until May. Somewhere near the 17th I think, since that's when it was last year. :smile:
I'm 280 points, it's actually my lowest offer. XD People are always surprised I'm going to Hull, but I really love it there, so the low offer is even better. :biggrin:

Haha lol that's brilliant. :') I'll be filling some more space next week since my mum is spring cleaning. I'll get tooooonnes of mugs. XD

Ahhaa, I'm the same. Checking my e-mail and mail everyday. I just want to know what is going to happen. I think we receive news sometime in mid-may. :smile:
Yes, I know. Everyone can't understand why I'm going to Hull, but I truly do love it there. :smile:

That is a good thing, I've bought loads of cutlery because apparently it always goes missing. I still need to buy loads though. :wink:
Original post by Beano
In that case, the lawns may not be for you. There is a shared piano in the main centre if the you end up being in the lawns though.

That's still not bad, actually. I'll keep lawns second choice, but I really want this Grand Piano so I think I'd still be absolutely gutted If I didn't get a place there.
Thanks for the info. :smile:
Original post by SMHS93
Ahhaa, I'm the same. Checking my e-mail and mail everyday. I just want to know what is going to happen. I think we receive news sometime in mid-may. :smile:
Yes, I know. Everyone can't understand why I'm going to Hull, but I truly do love it there. :smile:

That is a good thing, I've bought loads of cutlery because apparently it always goes missing. I still need to buy loads though. :wink:

Yeah, it's kinda annoying though beause my friends have already started with the accommodation, and I want to join in. XD

Yeah, I'm hitting poundland to get my cutlery I think. :P I'll have to be careful with the mugs mind. :')
Reply 2051
Yeah, it's kinda annoying though beause my friends have already started with the accommodation, and I want to join in. XD

Yeah, I'm hitting poundland to get my cutlery I think. :P I'll have to be careful with the mugs mind. :')

I know, some of my friends already know where they will be staying and I haven't been able to apply yet. :frown: Hopefully soon we can apply. :smile:

That is probably the best Idea, you don't want to loose expensive cutlery if it is going to get lost/stolen. Ahaaaa, don't let anyone touch your mugs or glassware. :wink:
Original post by SMHS93
I know, some of my friends already know where they will be staying and I haven't been able to apply yet. :frown: Hopefully soon we can apply. :smile:

That is probably the best Idea, you don't want to loose expensive cutlery if it is going to get lost/stolen. Ahaaaa, don't let anyone touch your mugs or glassware. :wink:

I think it's about 6 weeks away - mid may. But if it's the 18th of May, I've got my leavers day at school, so I'll hardly be in a position to apply for accommodation if I'm running around school all day. XD

I actually got some old crockery off my mum's friend who just had a clear out. So now I have two boxes - the time for a cupboard is approaching. :P I'm tempted to keep my mugs in my room tbh. And my mum's getting me a mini fridge for my room to put my milk in. :')
Reply 2053
I think it's about 6 weeks away - mid may. But if it's the 18th of May, I've got my leavers day at school, so I'll hardly be in a position to apply for accommodation if I'm running around school all day. XD

I actually got some old crockery off my mum's friend who just had a clear out. So now I have two boxes - the time for a cupboard is approaching. :P I'm tempted to keep my mugs in my room tbh. And my mum's getting me a mini fridge for my room to put my milk in. :')

It just seems so far away, ahaha. Yeah, not the best day to apply, hopefully it'll be earlier in may. :wink:

Are you allowed mini fridges in the accomodation? I do want a kettle though, it will be nice to have a cup of tea whenever I want. :smile:
Original post by SMHS93
It just seems so far away, ahaha. Yeah, not the best day to apply, hopefully it'll be earlier in may. :wink:

Are you allowed mini fridges in the accomodation? I do want a kettle though, it will be nice to have a cup of tea whenever I want. :smile:

I know, but it's only 5/6 weeks! I still hope it'll end up earlier mind. :')

I dunno actually, that's a good point... I'll smuggle one in somehow lol :tongue: I wouldn't mind sharing a kettle though. I'm pretty sure all the accommodation at the Lawns has a mini kitchen because it's semi-catered, so the kettle wouldn't be a problem.
Unless someone hogs it. I need my morning coffee! Haha
Reply 2055

All my friends are applying too, so annoying, the £150 deposit sucks too! Think I am applying to The Lawns, but it only has limited self-catered halls and priority goes to students with food allergy's etc. :s-smilie: What courses are you both doing? :smile:
Original post by _RobynMeadwell
All my friends are applying too, so annoying, the £150 deposit sucks too! Think I am applying to The Lawns, but it only has limited self-catered halls and priority goes to students with food allergy's etc. :s-smilie: What courses are you both doing? :smile:

I just can't wait until we get the packs. :biggrin:
I'm definitely applying to the Lawns, but I'm more bothered about ensuite than self-catered now, because I found out you only get your evening meal catered in all of the halls, since they're all semi-catered. But I had no idea the people with allergies had preference, so it's a good thing I've gone off that idea then. :smile:
I'm doing Psychology, you? :smile:
Original post by _RobynMeadwell

Hi, after much deliberation and what I thought was a really excellent applicant day I have firmed Hull.
I just wonder where your info comes from re students with food allergies getting preference at Nicholson? I know that neither Thwaite nor Needler can cater for some allergies but I also know that the Lawns can. I do have a food allergy so I am just checking the possibilities.
I am thinking of student houses, partly for the self catering thing (I know Nicholson is massively over subscribed generally) and partly because I would prefer to be nearer the university.

Anyone else applying for student houses?
Reply 2058
I know, but it's only 5/6 weeks! I still hope it'll end up earlier mind. :')

I dunno actually, that's a good point... I'll smuggle one in somehow lol :tongue: I wouldn't mind sharing a kettle though. I'm pretty sure all the accommodation at the Lawns has a mini kitchen because it's semi-catered, so the kettle wouldn't be a problem.
Unless someone hogs it. I need my morning coffee! Haha

Yes, earlier would be nice. :smile:

I should think there will be lots of hogging of the kettle! Everyone needs their morning coffee/tea. Haaa. :smile: I'm going to get a mini one to stay in my room for this reason.
Original post by SMHS93
Yes, earlier would be nice. :smile:

I should think there will be lots of hogging of the kettle! Everyone needs their morning coffee/tea. Haaa. :smile: I'm going to get a mini one to stay in my room for this reason.

That's a good point actually. Maybe I'll just be a ninja and steal some water from the kettle while everyone else is arguing over who can use it. :P

Quick Reply

Latest