Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
rainbowspiderweb
urgh! i got my contract today and im in needler house - self catering (i didnt even think it was?)
that was my third choice and now i really wish i didnt put it
My friend choose morgan as his second choice and he got in! we sent off our accomdation form at around about the same time grrr i want to stay in the lawns now :frown:
think ill contact the university on monday to see if i can sort it out
urgh i thort i had sent my form off early as well :frown:

First choice: downs - is this very popular then?
second: morgan
third: needler

ive heard you can move after a week or so if people have freed up some accomdation but thats hardly ideal movin all my stuff and making new friends again :frown:

needler is good, i used to walk there from cranbrook (near uni - about 3 miles away) and get high then walk back at about 7 am with some munchies from the 24hr garage just around the corner :wink: trust, you'll love it there, just costs a bit more on the taxi's from town at 3am!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I would def go for a student house over the halls, soo much cheaper, most of the houses are good quality, and have broadband etc. Needler is gross !!
Hmm I'm in Morgan, sorry miss Rainbow for stealing your second choice :P hehe

Hey does anyone know if i'll be able to fit in both a desktop and mini fridge? I never got round to looking at the actual size of the accommodation.
Reply 63
Yeah easily mate. You have a bed, a desk, a wardrobe in the room and the desktop computer easily fits on the desk and the fridge either in the corner of the room or under the desk - probably better as thats where the plugs are so you wont be trailing wires accorss the room
Needlers gross? oh dear wots it like? i have no idea...
urgh so confused i think i will definetly find out 2moz if i can swap urgh....
firetoburn u r a bumhead
The room i was offered was damp, with stains down the walls, filthy carpets etc... some of the rooms are supposed to be haunted and everyone moves out of them pronto, so it depends which room you get, if you eat there it is vile !
Monkeybrain, are you still studying in Hull? It sounds as if you have had a really bad time.
Objectively, have your experiences been peculiar to your circumstances or does it reflect on common student experience at Hull?
aaawww! i dont like the sound of that :frown:
the man on the phone said there were still places in nicholson so i wrote that id rather be placed in there
apparently downs and morgan are the most popular out of the lawns
ppl wud like to move out of downs for me - i want to cook! and not have my fridge on the landing :frown:
did any1 get ppl stealing food cos of that?
Yes I am still at Hull they have been a nightmare, cocked up my accommodation from day one, then my course, not helpful etc, I am only still there because I want to finish my degree then forget the place it has been the worst 3 years of my life. However most other students had no problem with accommodation or their courses, so I guess I am the unlucky one.
Reply 69
i was told there are no places at Nicholson left =s, mind you from what Ive heard Morgan is not that bad
Reply 70
just got a letter today i'm in nicholson :smile: woot! well im guessing this is assuming all goes well with results. anywho... i dunno thats all really:smile:
Got a single room in Lambert

WOOP :-) Well chuffed!
Reply 72
haha that'll suit you to a T, nice1... Lambert is the lads hangout... or was when i was there anyway!
Excellent - sounds ace!

Can't wait to get there now haha :-)
Reply 74
Nice1Sunderland
Got a single room in Lambert

WOOP :-) Well chuffed!

ditto
Reply 75
I've been put in a student house on Cranbook :smile:
I'm In Lambert hall as well wooohh!!
Is anyone staying in reckitt this year? i applied for downs as first but obviously too late, meaning i was originally pretty gutted as i didnt really want catered halls, but apparently they've been refurbished this summer or something??
Reply 78
yeah they have and some have ensuite from what i've heard - I was in Reckitt last year and loved it :smile: Reckitt D!!
sav_606_rebels
yeah they have and some have ensuite from what i've heard - I was in Reckitt last year and loved it :smile: Reckitt D!!

wooo thats a relief! is the catered food really bad? :s-smilie:

im really looking forward to starting!

Quick Reply

Latest