The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
nah its alright - but you'll want a break every so often. it can get a bit repetitive and i'd avoid the scampi...
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
sophiedarragh
Is anyone staying in reckitt this year? i applied for downs as first but obviously too late, meaning i was originally pretty gutted as i didnt really want catered halls, but apparently they've been refurbished this summer or something??

I'm staying in Reckitt too.
well its lucky im a vegetabletarian!
Reply 83
lol you're all good then. I had the veggie option loads of times when i didnt like the main options - quite nice too :smile:
sav_606_rebels
lol you're all good then. I had the veggie option loads of times when i didnt like the main options - quite nice too :smile:

haha sweet! you have any advice for starting in september?
im a vegetarian too! i wanted non catered :frown:
ppl wud like to get out of downs so we can move in :biggrin:
rainbowspiderweb
im a vegetarian too! i wanted non catered :frown:
ppl wud like to get out of downs so we can move in :biggrin:

Perhaps you could try bribery? :smile:
Reply 87
sophiedarragh
haha sweet! you have any advice for starting in september?

Sophie - Have a look at the "Accomodation Application" thread which i just posted on to bump it up a bit. I put a massive rundown of the lawns on there a couple of months ago, a map type thing and a bit about the food. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 88
I'm in a student house. guess its time to put my cooking skills to the test!
has Anyone else not yet received their confirmation of accomodation letter. Cuz i sent them my £150 cheque about a month ago and i haven't received any confirmation that I actually have a flat to stay in :frown:
hey i am stayin in Taylor Court, Driffield House anyone else stayin there? :smile: x
well looks like i'm in nicholson halls!

anyone got anything exciting to tel me about that place? in my guide it says nicholsin is en suite... seems unlikely though as i left it late. can anyone confirm if it is or not?
Reply 92
I'm in Taylor Court, but I'm in Walkington House.
Reply 93
I haven't heard anything about my accomodation yet, are there still places left in halls?
apparently there are only shared rooms left now, but if you handed in your money/form over a week ago theres a chance u were allocated a single room but just haven't received the contract yet.

i haven't got my contract but i rang up and they told me my new address, just managed to get a single :smile:
Reply 95
well i rang them up today to find out and they said they are still allocating places, and i should ring back in a week if i havent heard anything. should i be worried? are there still places left?
nah mate, find out if they've got your form and deposit for definite or not.

if so, then do what I did if you're arsed and ring back every couple of days to check progress...

if not, panic! and get your arse down to the office asap as it's just double rooms left now and you'd be lucky even to get them at this stage.
Reply 97
I have a place in downs hall's, seemed nice when I visted, and I'd prefer to cook for myself, but have the choice to buy food if I'm feeling exceptionally lazy.

Hope it's not a ground floor really though, but it's ok if it is, as they are slightly raised anyway.
Reply 98
I'm at Cottingham Road, Student Housing.

Anyone else going to be there on the 15th? That's when I move in... :redface:

(I'm going to HYMS).
Reply 99
Hey,
I'm not able to get to the open days to see the accomodation so i was wondering if anyone had any photos of the inside/outside of the lawns, in particular downs hall. I would really appreciate it, thank you.

Kelly

Quick Reply

Latest