The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

i got my contract today i have been put in Nicholson hall!!! i wanted taylors court because i wanted an en-suite room but o well
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Taylor Court rooms are pretty small, so I think you got the better of the deal, being in the Lawns. It's pretty nice over there, just annoying with the bus ride to campus.
Reply 102
you learn to love the bus ride lol. well, something like that. You will be a serious bus connoisseur by the time you leave the lawns!
Hah, I was in the Student Accom. on Cott Rd., plus I had my car, so I could just drive wherever :smile:. But my friends from the Lawns complained about it, particularly as not many from my course were there :smile:.
do we have to pay the deposit now or when we start in September??
Reply 105
I thought we already payed the deposit?

What did i spend £150 on then? -_-
Reply 106
We have already payed the deposit.
I think you have to write to accommodation office as soon as possible.
Reply 107
I ve just received acceptance of student accommodation at Hull Univerity 2008/09 with offer from studentroomcover.co.uk and ve question. Its not free, is it?

They write a lot about safety and thieves in student living guide. About cable locks for laptop and so on. Is it really so dangerous there?

Maybe you know if room 1.8 in Brantingham House is on the first floor?

Did you write in Accommodation Fee Contribution Form in section: Adress for future correspondece your adress in campus?
...No, I don't think accommodation is "free" :p:. You have to pay, and seeing as you're in Taylor Court, I'm guessing it's about £3000 for the year. The only way it'll be free for you is if someone else is shouldering the cost, i.e. you're entitled to some sort of bursary or you're being sponsored by someone who's paying for you.

1.8 is, indeed, on the first floor.

It is pretty dangerous, but I think you'll be ok in Taylor Courts. Nothing happened to anyone I know of last year, so you'll be alright.
Reply 109
:biggrin: I think u didnt understand me. I know that accommodation is not free but I asked about studentroomcover.co.uk this is a kind of insurance and I cant find anything about costs of that insurance.

Thanks for the answer.

BW
Oh, sorry mate - you're right, I didn't understand you. I'm afraid I don't know about that, I was in student housing and so I had basic house insurance. I think you can add on certain things - like laptops - to your insurance policy once you get to Hull, but you do so to your own cost. My insurance was with Endsleigh, though... I thought that was universal for the university, but I have nothing to base that assumption on except that there was an office for Endsleigh at the Studen Union.

Good luck finding an answer! :smile:
Reply 111
Thanks for response.
I have also insurance offer from Endsleigh and I dont know if its worthy. I will live on the first floor in Taylor Court so as you told its quite safe place. How much does basic insurance cost? Do you recommend that insurance?

take care
Heyy, I live in taylor court atm and am probs staying here next year, I'm finding that safety is awesome here.You need a code to get into the block, then a key to get onto your floor's corridor, then the key to get into your room, so as long as you don't leave loadsa doors unlocked/propped open you'll be fine. And bonus for being off the ground floor as you don't have to worry too much about windows being open either, im on the top floor and it's fine. During term time its quite busy here too with loadsa people walking through the court to get to/from campus so it's not like its isolated either.

The room sizes depend on what sorta room you get, if your room is near the stairwell or kitchen I think it's a lot bigger than rooms on the end of houses, mines near the stairwell and a really fab room for student accomm, it's easy big enough for a nice sized single bed, couple of desks, couple of chairs, built in wardrobe, en suite, and I have loads more stuff in here and still tonnes of floor space.But the smaller rooms aren't so nice... and you'll just have to see how your luck goes with furnishing. Most the houses have been revamped recently though so you'll probs have a really nice decorated room, they've been doing some up this summer and a couple of the houses were done last summer so they're all swanky like hotel rooms :smile:

Basically it's the most expensive option (mines summat like 4100 a year or whatever) but by far the most comfortable, probs the most secure, and the best located because you wont be more than a 5 minute walk away from lectures/the union pub (sanctuary).
anyone else got a single en-suite room in grant hall?
Reply 114
Single room with shared bathroom in Nicholson
-_- about as far from what i wanted as i could have got.
Swifter
Single room with shared bathroom in Nicholson
-_- about as far from what i wanted as i could have got.

:ditto:
I don't know where I'm staying yet - I only decided to apply to uni yesterday!! I got an offer, but I need to get my skates on and get somewhere to live pretty sharpish!! I'm 22 and already been to uni for a year once before, and a native of 'Ull, so I know the area pretty well... Am thinking of maybe getting a 1 bed student flat or maybe getting a house share but I don't know anyone that needs another body!! lol
I might have to apply to halls but the only ones left now are Ferens, Thwaite and Needler - I have no idea what any of these are like!! lol
I'm staying in Reckitt, in the lawns. When do we find out specific room details?
ChantelleMarie
I don't know where I'm staying yet - I only decided to apply to uni yesterday!! I got an offer, but I need to get my skates on and get somewhere to live pretty sharpish!! I'm 22 and already been to uni for a year once before, and a native of 'Ull, so I know the area pretty well... Am thinking of maybe getting a 1 bed student flat or maybe getting a house share but I don't know anyone that needs another body!! lol
I might have to apply to halls but the only ones left now are Ferens, Thwaite and Needler - I have no idea what any of these are like!! lol
In general, the Lawns is pretty nice. I can only tell you from what I've seen briefly, though - I was in Student Housing :smile:.
Forest Adam
I'm staying in Reckitt, in the lawns. When do we find out specific room details?
When you arrive, you'll get your key from the accommodation office (well, we did for Student Housing - but I'm sure there's an equivalent place for you to get your key) - that'll have your room number on the envelope, as well as the phone number to your room.

Quick Reply

Latest