The Student Room Group

Entry to Vet Medicine after Biovet Sciences degree.

Does completing a bioveterinary sciences (D300) degree allow you to enter veterinary medicine (D100) in the second year (i.e. does it exclude you from year 1?)
Reply 1
I don't believe so; I think you would have to apply for and be accepted to a graduate entry vet program the same as any other degree if you wanted to do a 4-year course; and only some universities offer a 4-year accelerated course. I am not 100% confident though, it is possible I am mistaken.

If you want to be sure, I am sure if you contact admissions for the biosci program, they can confirm this for you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 00rachelj
Does completing a bioveterinary sciences (D300) degree allow you to enter veterinary medicine (D100) in the second year (i.e. does it exclude you from year 1?)

No, it doesn't. You will usually have different modules to the vet course so they aren't interchangeable. I've known people who did up to two years of biovet before then going into first year of vet school. However, this is not guaranteed, and if you do over a year of another degree then you might not get student finance for the rest of your vet degree so do bear this in mind. There is no 'easyier' way to get into vet school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending