The Student Room Group

Aston University Pharmacy Freshers 2014-2015

Anyone going to study pharmacy at Aston this coming September? If so, please introduce yourselves! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there im an officially an 3rd year MPharm student at Aston University, if you need any help or advice feel free to pm me.
Reply 2
Got my unconditional on Monday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by shuaib786
Hi there im an officially an 3rd year MPharm student at Aston University, if you need any help or advice feel free to pm me.

Hi, I have a few questions.

How often do you have to attend classes? And are they all compulsory?

I was predicted ABC and got an offer of AAB and I also attended the open days. So if I end up getting ABB or BBB is there a chance they'll still let me study pharmacy at Aston?

Can I switch or transfer after first year if I don't enjoy the course?

Original post by Anna232

I was predicted ABC and got an offer of AAB and I also attended the open days. So if I end up getting ABB or BBB is there a chance they'll still let me study pharmacy at Aston?

I have the same questions!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys. For pharmacy, does the university care about the subject you get the grade in? For example, if I get ABB in different subjects than they asked (A in psychology), are they more bothered about the grades or the subject you get the grade in? Hope that makes sense.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Anna232

Lectures are optional, but labs, seminars and practicals are compulsory.

The grades will depend on if they are places left, you meet the target you are guaranteed a place.However if you dont meet the grades, it will depend on the school if they have any places left.
Original post by Anna232

Attendance demands vary from module to module, some operate very loosely and you can catch up on lectures using Blackboard, others however will give marks for participation you will earn 10% of your module grade for showing up, so it's a mixed bag.

As for getting accepted into the university, I myself ended up with a BBB when i needed an ABB for my course and was accepted, it simply depends on a combination of how popular your course is and the competition of applicants for places, i can only wish you the best of luck for Thursday.

Finally i have known friends of mine change their course after the first year but certain schools may want to see specific evidence of your capabilities before they let you switch, others may want you to start from scratch if you switch and be a first year again, which is not the worst thing in the world, you are covered for four years of student loan.

Hope that helps, any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Josh (Aston graduate now working for the university.)
Reply 8
Original post by Aston University
Attendance demands vary from module to module, some operate very loosely and you can catch up on lectures using Blackboard, others however will give marks for participation you will earn 10% of your module grade for showing up, so it's a mixed bag.

As for getting accepted into the university, I myself ended up with a BBB when i needed an ABB for my course and was accepted, it simply depends on a combination of how popular your course is and the competition of applicants for places, i can only wish you the best of luck for Thursday.

Finally i have known friends of mine change their course after the first year but certain schools may want to see specific evidence of your capabilities before they let you switch, others may want you to start from scratch if you switch and be a first year again, which is not the worst thing in the world, you are covered for four years of student loan.

Hope that helps, any further questions do not hesitate to ask.

Josh (Aston graduate now working for the university.)

Lectures are optional, but labs, seminars and practicals are compulsory.

The grades will depend on if they are places left, you meet the target you are guaranteed a place.However if you dont meet the grades, it will depend on the school if they have any places left.

So who got in? :smile:
Original post by spanishovenfork
So who got in? :smile:

Meeeeeeee! :biggrin::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering if anyone could help
..do we need to have any vaccinations at all before studying pharmacy at aston uni?? Quite a few people from other unis studying pharmacy have said that they need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
3rd year MPharm student here. If anyone is starting this summer let me know.
Just to let you guys know that our freshers week academic timetables are up on MAP...I can't believe we're so close!!!!! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is also a myAston app which looks very helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told to bring cah for the pharmacy equipment shop, how much should I take?
Original post by Student0090
I was told to bring cah for the pharmacy equipment shop, how much should I take?

I have the same question! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student0090

I brought about £30.
I dont think many people are coming to Aston this year.

Hello, I have an interview for Aston coming up and wanted to ask what sort of questions do they ask? any help would be largely appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest