The Student Room Group

Midwifery

Hi everyone,
I would like to become a midwife, but don't know where to start😞
Original post by Zaina*
Hi everyone,
I would like to become a midwife, but don't know where to start😞

I've made this into a new thread for you as you bumped a six year old thread with this question.

Have you looked at university courses yet? That would be a good place for you to start, if you want to become a midwife you'll need to study it at uni. DO you know much about the role? If you don't it would be wise to start trying to get some experience, shadowing midwives, volunteering at various things and so on. Midwifery can be extremely competitive to get onto, there are lots of suggestions in this part of TSR for what you can do for experience.
Reply 2
I've made this into a new thread for you as you bumped a six year old thread with this question.

I know what you mean,Thanks ....,as I am just new to this site,and will be starting an access to nursing and midwifery course in September,but my main concern is that I have to gain some experience about midwifery and stuff, before applying for Uni next year ,,which seems hard to get through and shadow a midwife.
Original post by Zaina*

I know what you mean,Thanks ....,as I am just new to this site,and will be starting an access to nursing and midwifery course in September,but my main concern is that I have to gain some experience about midwifery and stuff, before applying for Uni next year ,,which seems hard to get through and shadow a midwife.

Have a look at other things as well, see if there is an NCT (http://www.nct.org.uk/) place near you that is after volunteers or something along those lines. Have a look into maybe care homes and so on too. Remember the vast majority of a midwife's work is about looking after the pregnant woman than the baby, it's pretty easy to make any sort of care experience sound relevant in your application :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks !that really helped😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending