The Student Room Group

Medical work experience

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daviem
By the way I know what a vaccination is, I just realised how that sounded haha, I was just unsure why you were saying I would need them because no one at the hospital or the GP's said I would need to have them

fair play, i was wondering a little.
i see, i was told i needed a whole load of them, but if no need is all good then :smile:
Original post by daviem
Hi, I'm sixteen and hoping to do some medical work experience during this month and the next (July and August) as I don't start sixth form until September. I phoned the hospital volunteer number and they said I would have to wait until September and only go in when there are vacancies which isn't what I was looking for. Anyone got any ideas or personal experience? Cheers.

I personally found my work experience super amazing and helpful. Even though universities themselves say they're not vital to get into med school, it's the best way to find out about what being a doctor is really like.
Don't even get me started on contacting the HR- they're useless. Email is the best way to get into contact with consultants- better yet call them! Be persistent and they'll see how determined you are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending