The Student Room Group

best way to remove hair from body.

Hey guys. I have kind of a weird question. Basically being me for some reason means i have accumulated a lot of hair on my back, stomach and butt (i mean its like a rainforest). Now due to the fact i am starting university in September wanted to well make it so that my body looks a tiny bit more attractive for obvious reasons.
Now i have tried shaving the hair on my stomach but that only lasted a week until it grew back and even then it was clearly visible that it had been shaved and well this method is also unpractical for my back.

So does anyone have any tips or suggestions?
Reply 1
anyone?
Yh shaving isn't the best option. Have you thought of shaving creams? Laser treatment is sort of the last resort.
Waxing.

Or the better option is laser, but that is expensive.
Reply 4
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Yh shaving isn't the best option. Have you thought of shaving creams? Laser treatment is sort of the last resort.

Original post by kittykatxoxo
Waxing.

Or the better option is laser, but that is expensive.

I have thought of laser but i really cannot afford it. Waxing seems like the best option but again i do not really know how to go about that.
Original post by Anonymous
I have thought of laser but i really cannot afford it. Waxing seems like the best option but again i do not really know how to go about that.

Hair removal creams are good even if they may be a bit smelly. They do the job. =) and they are not that expensive.
Reply 6
Waxing if you can take the pain, if not then hair removal cream. You'll probably need someone to help you with your back :smile:
Reply 7
again having never use either waxing or hair removing creams could someone please give me a basic sort of guide of how they work and how they should be applied (waxing i know how it works but never heard of hair removal cream before.)
Reply 8
Cream is best option. Rub onto your body and leave for 10 minutes. Then hair comes right off and looks clean. Hair growth is slow and steady and can come back less hair length then before.
again having never use either waxing or hair removing creams could someone please give me a basic sort of guide of how they work and how they should be applied (waxing i know how it works but never heard of hair removal cream before.)

I use hair removal cream on my legs and arms, it works great! You just smear a generous coat all over the target area and then wait 10 minutes and use the end of the tube or the thing that comes with it to scrape it off, then have a shower. Use an exfoliating glove when showering because sometimes when u scrape the hairs off not all of them come off so scrub yourself in the shower :smile:

I used it on my back and now I have a rash on my shoulder blades!! They are burning like hell. I don't know why I've got an allergic reaction because it seems to work fine on the rest of my body urgh. Just be careful and do a patch test
wfwefwefwefewf
Original post by letsbehonest
I use hair removal cream on my legs and arms, it works great! You just smear a generous coat all over the target area and then wait 10 minutes and use the end of the tube or the thing that comes with it to scrape it off, then have a shower. Use an exfoliating glove when showering because sometimes when u scrape the hairs off not all of them come off so scrub yourself in the shower :smile:

I used it on my back and now I have a rash on my shoulder blades!! They are burning like hell. I don't know why I've got an allergic reaction because it seems to work fine on the rest of my body urgh. Just be careful and do a patch test

Cool thanks for the advice. Would you recommend any creams?
Cool thanks for the advice. Would you recommend any creams?

Nair is cheap and works fine on my arms and legs but it seems to have irritated my back!! So I would say try Veet.
Reply 13
Hey guys. I have kind of a weird question. Basically being me for some reason means i have accumulated a lot of hair on my back, stomach and butt (i mean its like a rainforest). Now due to the fact i am starting university in September wanted to well make it so that my body looks a tiny bit more attractive for obvious reasons.
Now i have tried shaving the hair on my stomach but that only lasted a week until it grew back and even then it was clearly visible that it had been shaved and well this method is also unpractical for my back.

So does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

First trim so short. Then apply removal cream. Do not leave on for more than 6 mins and do not re apply if it doesn’t work firstly. If it burns wipe the cream off with a cold cloth and apply Vaseline right away. Continue to apply Vaseline a few times a day to help. Then I recommend another cream. Mine is nair removal cream moisturiser one. The others burned me. But find your suitable one. It lasts a good week before any sign of hair. But everything you have to do fortnightly with every product ect.

Quick Reply

Latest