The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I knew nothing about a ball, oh dear, I can't dance!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
ginnyr87
I knew nothing about a ball, oh dear, I can't dance!

I can't either, as if we aren't stressed enough about the educational side of it, we have to have a ball! Though I can appreciate the gesture, to make us feel welcome and bond with others. Join the boycotting side? :smile:
im sure you dont have to go if you dont want to.

i would definitely go... any excuse to dress up! :biggrin:
Reply 23
i cant wait!!=]
Reply 24
Anybody want to go to the Ball with me? I'm a taken, yet weawwy, weawwy pwetty boy, with nice, long, luscious hair. I'll be sure to entertain you with me pathetic dancing!

Highest bid wins!
Reply 25
yer this is confusing me!
what do we wear??!?!?1

do we wait til we get to Reading to buy tickets?

and what kinda ball do you go alone to????
Well its gotta be Tux and spats lol maybe jsut tuxs.....i bet tickets are gonna be expensive, and who said sommin about not going as a couple! TAHTS what the first two weeks are for! lol
I CANT WAIT!!!!
so are we all meeting on the 12th in london? should I start a new thread just for meeting purposes, i think so.....
xx
ooo i hadn't thought about the ball!

how exciting!:smile:
Reply 28
iv already got my date...;-p
Godders

well prepared! :0
Reply 30
hmmmmm i would like to boycott and do some lurking but i already rented my fancy dress :wink: anyway im sure the tickets wont be too expensive as they must realise we are students....
Reply 31
... I'll be wearing a suit.

Tix will be on sale during Freshers Week and Week one of term, but like most things, its best to get them earlier on.

Oh, and I dont think we have a price for the tickets yet, but we want as many ppl to come as possible so prices reflect that (i thinks)

dave x
Reply 32
Godders

Heyyyyy, you weren't meant to tell anyone!!! :p:
Reply 33
Pandy
Heyyyyy, you weren't meant to tell anyone!!! :p:

Dam it i was gonna ask paddy when we meet up!:mad:
Reply 34
It's on my birthday! Not sure what to wear. Are girls supposed to wear smart long dresses or any kind of dress? It probably doesn't matter, just wondering what other people thought.
Reply 35
louieb
It's on my birthday! Not sure what to wear. Are girls supposed to wear smart long dresses or any kind of dress? It probably doesn't matter, just wondering what other people thought.

Any excuse to dress up, surely? :biggrin:
Reply 36
well guys arnt wearing tux so i say dont wear a ball dress. sumfin nice from topshop.
Reply 37
Starling
Lynnie and XavierTroy, I think we should lurk together while everyone is out dancing! :smile:

i think that is a very good idea, just get pissed on our own lol
Reply 38
Lynnie
i think that is a very good idea, just get pissed on our own lol

I will hold you to that, you know. :biggrin:
Reply 39
Starling
I will hold you to that, you know. :biggrin:

its a date!

Latest