The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beth16x
Hi! Sorry to interrupt!

Congratulations to you both on your offer! I just noticed you said you're living at home and I'm glad I've found someone else doing that too, I live around 50mins away from the campus as well :-) x

Ooo Well Done! So is Nottingham your firm choice then? And if so why?
Reply 281
Exactly it costs a fortune! I live in Beeston :smile:
Oh yay I'm glad someone else is making the same journey 😂☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crisscrossgreen
Ooo Well Done! So is Nottingham your firm choice then? And if so why?

Ah thank you! Yeah it is :-) mainly because I can live at home and I worl for Vets Now so I can keep that job! But I love the campus and Southell is a really lovely place :-) is it your first choice?
Original post by xjamiex
Exactly it costs a fortune! I live in Beeston :smile:
Oh yay I'm glad someone else is making the same journey 😂☺️

It does! Ah I'm glad I won't be the only one living at home!:smile:
Original post by Abby_W31
Interview at HA on the 4th of March anyone? :smile:

hey I do, how your preparing for it?

Im so nervous for it :frown:
Reply 285
Where abouts do you live Beth? I'm quite worried about all the driving I'll be shattered lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganrayc
Oh god, i'm glad im quite friendly with the vet staff where i've been going on work experience for the past two years if they ask me! Do you have a deadline for this?! Or can you just scan it through/email it to them? :smile:

Yeh that's definitely beneficial :tongue: luckily I have the one I'm working for regularly now, as my old placements saying they just can't do it :confused:
They haven't specified a deadline, but you are supposed to scan it and email them back :smile:
Original post by xjamiex
Where abouts do you live Beth? I'm quite worried about all the driving I'll be shattered lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live near Ikea in Giltbrook if you know where that is!:colondollar: Ah thats a good point I didn't think of that:frown: x
Reply 288
Yeah that's not too far from me really! Ah well we will manage!x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xjamiex
Yeah that's not too far from me really! Ah well we will manage!x

Posted from TSR Mobile

It isn't:biggrin: I'm sure we will! So excited!:colondollar:x
Original post by Liberty.
Yeh that's definitely beneficial :tongue: luckily I have the one I'm working for regularly now, as my old placements saying they just can't do it :confused:
They haven't specified a deadline, but you are supposed to scan it and email them back :smile:

Aw thats fab!! I stillllllll havent heard anything 😰😰😩
Reply 291
Shall be good 👏👏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fl28eur96
hey I do, how your preparing for it?

Im so nervous for it :frown:

This'll be my third interview so am not too worried about it. They've given us more to prepare with than Bristol or Edinburgh Napier did so that's helpful. I'd do a couple of practice interview with a member of staff at your college, I found that really helped me. As well as reading through your references and looking at recent news in the VN world. I'm sure you'll do fine, just remember to relax and smile on the day!
Reply 293
Hi guys I've got an interview at Edinburgh Napier tomorrow! My last one!
Slightly nervous about it because I've never been to the uni on an open day or anything!:colondollar:
I should be ok though! haha
Will anyone else be there tomorrow?:smile:
Original post by Abby_W31
This'll be my third interview so am not too worried about it. They've given us more to prepare with than Bristol or Edinburgh Napier did so that's helpful. I'd do a couple of practice interview with a member of staff at your college, I found that really helped me. As well as reading through your references and looking at recent news in the VN world. I'm sure you'll do fine, just remember to relax and smile on the day!

Thank you, it's my first interview. I got a straight rejection from Bristol and haven't heard from Edinburgh. My college aren't very helpful with interviews. Thanks tho, I'll try remember to smile ������
Thank you, it's my first interview. I got a straight rejection from Bristol and haven't heard from Edinburgh. My college aren't very helpful with interviews. Thanks tho, I'll try remember to smile ������

I'm sure you'll be fine, just look at the email they sent us and think how you'd answer some of the obvious questions :smile:
Original post by thewordynerdy
Hi everyone, I was also looking at doing a Veterinary nursing degree, but I was wondering what A-Levels do you guys do? and how much work experience have you got?
thank you very much

Bristol requirements here : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2015/vet-nursing-biovet-science/bsc-vet-nursing/

Bristol admissions statement here : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2015/veterinary-nursing.pdf

As far as work experience goes, you will need as much as you can pack in to be taken seriously, and with as many varied 'animal' situations as possible. Most people will be applying with at least 4 weeks clinical Vet experience plus 4 weeks 'other' - RSPCA, Zoo, lambing/farming etc.
I got a straight rejection from Bristol

Because you didn't meet the basic academic entry requirements?
I've got my first interview tomorrow!!! It's at west anglia and i'm so nervous! Gonna take around four hours to get there, i'll be attending the open day first and then my interview is at 4:30 😁! Any tips? :smile:
I got an offer from Napier!! :smile: that mean I only have to wait for RVC now but i don't think that I will get an offer from them but I don't really mind, I got the ones I wanted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending