The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamie_11_x
Good luck with biovet interview! Did you apply for biovet anywhere else? I applied for it at Lincoln and got a conditional offer :3

Thank you! Yeah I applied for it at RVC, Bristol and Lincoln as well! I've had a conditional for Lincoln too! Well done :smile:
Original post by beth16x
Hello:redface:

This probably won't be much help but I have an interview in December for Vet Nursing! I've been told to take original GCSE certificates and a passport sized photos! I was told to be prepared for questions such as why I want to do the course, my ambitions and things about my work exp and whats been in the news - even though we're doing different courses these may be some sort of foundation:-)

Best of luck!!

Ahh, okay the email didn't mention anything, but I'll take them just incase! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by fayeburnell
Thank you! Yeah I applied for it at RVC, Bristol and Lincoln as well! I've had a conditional for Lincoln too! Well done :smile:

Yay!! What are you thinking of firming and insuring? I haven't a clue yet, but I'm pretty sure Lincoln will be my firm ^.^
Yay!! What are you thinking of firming and insuring? I haven't a clue yet, but I'm pretty sure Lincoln will be my firm ^.^

I'm thinking of Lincoln of my firm too! and Harper as insurance if they make me an offer after tomorrow :smile:
That's awesome, we could be in the same lectures in under a year!
I'm thinking of Lincoln of my firm too! and Harper as insurance if they make me an offer after tomorrow :smile:
That's awesome, we could be in the same lectures in under a year!

That is awesome, we could be bio-vet buddies hehe
Reply 45
Hi everyone!

It's so great to hear loads of you are getting offers and interviews! Congrats to you all and best of luck! :smile:
I'm hoping to send off my UCAS application by Wednesday next week! Just finalising a few things at the mo!:colondollar:

Also I saw one of you got an offer from Lincoln for Bio Vet? I'm debating whether to apply to Lincoln coz I REALLY liked the uni but I wanna do vet nursing not BioVet :s-smilie:
And for my choices so far on UCAS I've put down RVC, Harper, Hartpury and Nottingham Trent. I want to put down a 5th choice but I'm not sure! I've been to Middlesex but it didn't really float my boat!:tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by h0ffers
Hi everyone!

It's so great to hear loads of you are getting offers and interviews! Congrats to you all and best of luck! :smile:
I'm hoping to send off my UCAS application by Wednesday next week! Just finalising a few things at the mo!:colondollar:

Also I saw one of you got an offer from Lincoln for Bio Vet? I'm debating whether to apply to Lincoln coz I REALLY liked the uni but I wanna do vet nursing not BioVet :s-smilie:
And for my choices so far on UCAS I've put down RVC, Harper, Hartpury and Nottingham Trent. I want to put down a 5th choice but I'm not sure! I've been to Middlesex but it didn't really float my boat!:tongue:

Hiiii!:-)

Best of luck with your application!

I was in the same position as you; I loooove Lincoln and I don't really like Middlesex which I ended up putting down as my 5th choice which I regret! If you put Lincoln down, you still have 4 applications for a VN degree and BioVet as another option so you'll have nothing to lose:*

I wish I'd have looked at Hartpury too because that sounds really good:-(
Reply 47
Original post by beth16x
Hiiii!:-)

Best of luck with your application!

I was in the same position as you; I loooove Lincoln and I don't really like Middlesex which I ended up putting down as my 5th choice which I regret! If you put Lincoln down, you still have 4 applications for a VN degree and BioVet as another option so you'll have nothing to lose:*

I wish I'd have looked at Hartpury too because that sounds really good:-(

Thank you! :smile:
Yeah there's something about Lincoln is't there? haha :P that's true I suppose! If I put i down I'll have nothing to lose (although I doubt I'll get an offer from Lincoln as my predicted grades aren't the best!)

Aww that'sa shame :frown: Hartpury was really nice! The only problem for me is it's so far away from home (like 200 miles away!) So I'm hoping I get an offer from Nottingham as that's slightly closer to home :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by h0ffers
Thank you! :smile:
Yeah there's something about Lincoln is't there? haha :P that's true I suppose! If I put i down I'll have nothing to lose (although I doubt I'll get an offer from Lincoln as my predicted grades aren't the best!)

Aww that'sa shame :frown: Hartpury was really nice! The only problem for me is it's so far away from home (like 200 miles away!) So I'm hoping I get an offer from Nottingham as that's slightly closer to home :smile:

I agree, Lincoln is soo nice! Aw no I hope you do, well I bet you will! I'm so gutted I didn't put Lincoln or Hartpury down, I may seem if I can change from Middlesex to Hartpury because I'm hearing such good things about it!

Aw I live in Nottingham so that's the closest one for me, but I love Harper Adams!
Reply 49
Original post by beth16x
I agree, Lincoln is soo nice! Aw no I hope you do, well I bet you will! I'm so gutted I didn't put Lincoln or Hartpury down, I may seem if I can change from Middlesex to Hartpury because I'm hearing such good things about it!

Aw I live in Nottingham so that's the closest one for me, but I love Harper Adams!

Aw thank you :smile:
Yes, maybe it is possible to change your choices! Yes I liked Harper too! It was a friendly Uni! :P The think I'm most worried about if I get an offer is the interview process! I'll be so nervous! haha:tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by h0ffers
Aw thank you :smile:
Yes, maybe it is possible to change your choices! Yes I liked Harper too! It was a friendly Uni! :P The think I'm most worried about if I get an offer is the interview process! I'll be so nervous! haha:tongue:

I've had a look and it isn't:-( same!! I'm getting really impatient haha, I have one interview and I've havent heard from anywhere else:frown:
Reply 51
Original post by beth16x
I've had a look and it isn't:-( same!! I'm getting really impatient haha, I have one interview and I've havent heard from anywhere else:frown:

Oh no :frown: I'm sorry to hear that :/ haha I bet you are! Who is your interview for again? I'm sure the others will get back to you soon! Perhaps they are waiting for the deadline in January? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by h0ffers
Oh no :frown: I'm sorry to hear that :/ haha I bet you are! Who is your interview for again? I'm sure the others will get back to you soon! Perhaps they are waiting for the deadline in January? :smile:

My interview's at Harper:-) Yeah you're probably right, I hope they aren't I don't want to wait that long haha! I'm going to Trent on Saturday so I might try and sneak info out of them:wink:
Original post by h0ffers
Hi everyone!

Hey,
yeah I was the same, I was going to do Vet nursing but then Biovet anyway, but I've changed it all to Biovet now. Just apply as another plan, if there's nowhere else you'd like to go because Lincoln is really nice:smile:
Hey,
yeah I was the same, I was going to do Vet nursing but then Biovet anyway, but I've changed it all to Biovet now. Just apply as another plan, if there's nowhere else you'd like to go because Lincoln is really nice:smile:

Lincoln is lovely! I got my offer on Thursday and went to look at Lincoln on Friday! It's so peaceful and I've looked at the course modules in depth and it looks great! I'm really looking forward to starting the course, I'm on track to achieving a distinction overall in my animal management course so far and I always work hard so I hope I get in! It's very exciting :biggrin:
Lincoln is lovely! I got my offer on Thursday and went to look at Lincoln on Friday! It's so peaceful and I've looked at the course modules in depth and it looks great! I'm really looking forward to starting the course, I'm on track to achieving a distinction overall in my animal management course so far and I always work hard so I hope I get in! It's very exciting :biggrin:

Oh well done! Yeah it is all exciting haha :smile:
hiii :smile: I'm currently studying the level 5 HND in animal management (equivalent to a foundation degree so I am told?) and I have a work placement at a vets one day a week for the duration of my course, which is two years. I want to be a veterinary nurse, I'm just wondering what route I can take....would I be able to take a top-up veterinary course so I become qualified or would I have to start from scratch and do the veterinary nurse degree?

I've been told at uni/college where I'm studying that I will be able to top my 'degree' up and do veterinary nursing afterwards but as I'm looking on UCAS I can't see that I can do this! so I'm getting a little worried that this whole course is a waste of time if I should have just done veterinary nursing straight away.

if anyone has gone down this route or knows any information please help :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by beth16x
My interview's at Harper:-) Yeah you're probably right, I hope they aren't I don't want to wait that long haha! I'm going to Trent on Saturday so I might try and sneak info out of them:wink:

Sorry for the late reply Beth! I hope Trent was alright for you! Did you manage to sneak any info from them?:wink:haha

Also I think I may apply to Edinburgh Napier for my 5th choice now, my dad mentioned it to me this morning and I checked their website and it seems like an alright course! I think I have a prospectus for them from a UCAS convention I went to in the summer so I'll have a flick through that later and then make my decision!:smile:
Reply 58
Original post by h0ffers
Sorry for the late reply Beth! I hope Trent was alright for you! Did you manage to sneak any info from them?:wink:haha

Also I think I may apply to Edinburgh Napier for my 5th choice now, my dad mentioned it to me this morning and I checked their website and it seems like an alright course! I think I have a prospectus for them from a UCAS convention I went to in the summer so I'll have a flick through that later and then make my decision!:smile:

Hey sweetie!

Trent was lovely but it was raining which wasn't great! I didn't manage to no:-( she did say that the only work experience they want is that at a vet practice (preferably not Saturdays) but I didn't speak to admissions!

I've applied to Edinburgh too, I think that's a good idea! Which other four have you applied to? I have an interview at Middlesex next Monday!

Hope you're okay:* xx
Reply 59
Original post by beth16x
Hey sweetie!

Trent was lovely but it was raining which wasn't great! I didn't manage to no:-( she did say that the only work experience they want is that at a vet practice (preferably not Saturdays) but I didn't speak to admissions!

I've applied to Edinburgh too, I think that's a good idea! Which other four have you applied to? I have an interview at Middlesex next Monday!

Hope you're okay:* xx

Ugh rain :/ :tongue:haha aww no :frown: ah right, well that work experience requirement works ok for me!
Ahhh cool! :smile: yeah it looks like a really nice Uni! I've applied to Harper, Hartpury, Nottingham and RVC :smile: I'm slightly nervous/excited about sending off my application!

I'm good thanks for asking! :smile: you nervous about your interview?
Good luck with it! You'll have to let me know how it goes! :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending