vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by penny24568
Congratulations!!!! 👏🎉
B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! I have alrwady firmed them!!:biggrin:
Original post by Sopheen
Got an interview for the RVC on January 12th :biggrin: I've not had a multi station type interview before so I'm a little worried because I don't know how to prepare for it.

I have my interview on that day too, it will be my first one too. I don't think they want us to prepare for it so it is fair for everyone.
I guess going over personal statement and work experience always helps...

I got an offer from Bristol today :eek: really pleased with that, just hope the RVC does the same!
Original post by Sopheen
I guess going over personal statement and work experience always helps...

I got an offer from Bristol today :eek: really pleased with that, just hope the RVC does the same!

Congrats! I've had an offer from Bristol too :smile:
Original post by h0ffers
Apparently the reason why NTU gave me an alternative course offer was because I hadn't put where I had worked or the dates in my personal statement and so they couldn't offer me a place on the course! (which seems a bit silly if you ask me!)

I emailed them about that because the exact same happened to me, I emailed the course leader my work experience and was given an interview it was an absolute pain!
I applied to NTU, two at RVC, Middlesex and a vet medicine course at Notts. I got declined from middlesex, had an interview from NTU but didnt get into the course :frown: but i'm still waiting from RVC and Notts!

Has anybody heard about RVC yet for Veterinary Nursing interviews? I've been waiting since October!! :s-smilie:
Original post by MonicaLilly1
I applied to NTU, two at RVC, Middlesex and a vet medicine course at Notts. I got declined from middlesex, had an interview from NTU but didnt get into the course :frown: but i'm still waiting from RVC and Notts!

Has anybody heard about RVC yet for Veterinary Nursing interviews? I've been waiting since October!! :s-smilie:

I got a work experience questionnaire email from the RVC the first week of December followed by an interview email the week after. I applied October time so I don't know why you've not heard from them? Or do you mean you've already had your interview?
I had to email NTU's course leader with work experience as well and got an interview for January. I'm curious as to what the practical session is though, is it group based?
Original post by Sopheen
I got a work experience questionnaire email from the RVC the first week of December followed by an interview email the week after. I applied October time so I don't know why you've not heard from them? Or do you mean you've already had your interview?
I had to email NTU's course leader with work experience as well and got an interview for January. I'm curious as to what the practical session is though, is it group based?

I did it 3 weeks ago, it wasn't what I was expecting at all, it might be different to what we did but there were two elements of it... Both independent
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone heard for Harper Adams after sending back their work exp form? I sent mine back two weeks after I got the email and haven't heard anything! :frown:
Original post by Abby_W31
Has anyone heard for Harper Adams after sending back their work exp form? I sent mine back two weeks after I got the email and haven't heard anything! :frown:

They're doing interviews this month so it may be worth emailing/ringing them to see whether they received your form :smile:
Original post by beth16x
They're doing interviews this month so it may be worth emailing/ringing them to see whether they received your form :smile:

Thanks, I will do that :smile:
For people who have interviews or have done them what kind of things did you read up on. Are there any websites that have good information on them about recent developments that you could recommend?

I have my first interview this Tuesday and I am worried that I haven't done enough research. Anything will be helpful.
Original post by LucyinLaLaLand
For people who have interviews or have done them what kind of things did you read up on. Are there any websites that have good information on them about recent developments that you could recommend?

I have my first interview this Tuesday and I am worried that I haven't done enough research. Anything will be helpful.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/categories/veterinary
vetsonline.com
Hello!
Gosh it looks like you have all applied early! I sent my UCAS off the day that christmas break started, but it was only approved on the 5th of Jan! I've applied to Middlesex, West Anglia, Hartpury, Harper Adams and Warwickshire!
So far i've had some acknowledgement e-mails and that but I was wondering if anybody has been accepted to any of these and been to any interviews/open days and how they went!
These unis are all really far away from me because i'm from Wales, and nobody really offers the course here, only L3's.
I'm studying a city and guilds l3 in animal management and I've had 4 weeks in practice so far, i'm looking for more placements because I'm sure one of the unis (think it's hartpury) requires 6 weeks minimum, do you think it matters I haven't completed all of the work experience yet? I have stated this in my personal statement that I will be continuing to gain experience etc!
I'm reeeealllyyy nervous!!!
xx
Original post by meganrayc
Hello!
Gosh it looks like you have all applied early! I sent my UCAS off the day that christmas break started, but it was only approved on the 5th of Jan! I've applied to Middlesex, West Anglia, Hartpury, Harper Adams and Warwickshire!
So far i've had some acknowledgement e-mails and that but I was wondering if anybody has been accepted to any of these and been to any interviews/open days and how they went!
These unis are all really far away from me because i'm from Wales, and nobody really offers the course here, only L3's.
I'm studying a city and guilds l3 in animal management and I've had 4 weeks in practice so far, i'm looking for more placements because I'm sure one of the unis (think it's hartpury) requires 6 weeks minimum, do you think it matters I haven't completed all of the work experience yet? I have stated this in my personal statement that I will be continuing to gain experience etc!
I'm reeeealllyyy nervous!!!
xx

Welcome :biggrin:
I'm pretty sure those unis ask for 2 weeks in vet practice and 2 weeks in other work experience so you've got more than enough practice experience. I've applied for Hartpury too and got an invitation to interview for the 21st of Jan. They've asked us to do a presentation on why I want to be a veterinary nurse which we have to present to a group as well as an individual interview. Not started on mine yet but I don't know whether I'm going to attend or not since I really want to go to the RVC. I live far from the places I've applied to as well so every journey for interview I make is about 3-4 hour car journey which is a pain since most of them are at 9am or something. I guess it shows commitment though! :tongue:
Hi, I sent my application on 16th December to RVC, Middlesex, Harper Adams and Edinburgh Napier. I've had conformation from everyone apart from RVC and Harper have sent me the questionnaire which I haven't sent back yet! I'm just worrying bc I've heard absolutely nothing else. I've got 4 weeks in 2 different vet practices, hours (idk how many, too long to be honest) on a mixed farm, 2 weeks looking after horses and 1 week at a kennel. RVC's my first choice. Congrats to people with offers :smile: x
Original post by em_chams
Hi, I sent my application on 16th December to RVC, Middlesex, Harper Adams and Edinburgh Napier. I've had conformation from everyone apart from RVC and Harper have sent me the questionnaire which I haven't sent back yet! I'm just worrying bc I've heard absolutely nothing else. I've got 4 weeks in 2 different vet practices, hours (idk how many, too long to be honest) on a mixed farm, 2 weeks looking after horses and 1 week at a kennel. RVC's my first choice. Congrats to people with offers :smile: x

Hey :smile: Napier wait until all applications have been sent in, so after the 15th; Harper should respond fairly quickly after they recieve the work sheets and RVC are conducting interviews on Monday so they will probably offer interviews after then! Middlesex should reply soon too :smile: no news doesn't mean bad news chick, you've got plenty of work exp! best of luck xx
Ahhh fab! This is all so exciting and nerve racking at the same time!
I reeeally have my heart set on going to Middesex, and I've had an acknowledgement e-mail from them! I just guess they tend to reply to others quicker! I'm constantly checking my phone every 5 mins! I need to relax!
Has anyone who has had an interview at Middlesex heard anything?

I had an interview on December 15th and they said 2 weeks. Christmas fell right in between that so understandably I haven't pestered them but I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything?
Original post by Shannon:)
Has anyone who has had an interview at Middlesex heard anything?

I had an interview on December 15th and they said 2 weeks. Christmas fell right in between that so understandably I haven't pestered them but I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

I've heard from them, but my interview was at the end of November; I bet you'll hear something soon now Christmas is over:-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending