The Student Room Group

My Uni option

Basically it only took me till the 8th of July to realize that i don't want Greenwich uni as my insurance but instead Kingston uni.

I'll admit i probably didn't research properly but i thought Greenwich would be a good uni because it had good academic reviews. However I've only realized now that the area around the medway campus is depressingly bad. So i'm sat here depressed because the area is absolute trash (the uni is good though).

However Kingston seems to be a nice uni with an alright surrounding.

Yes i know this is my fault for not researching but i literally feel like my life is going down the drain if i end up at Greenwich university.

By the way i had an offer from Kingston which i declined for my insurance.
Hi there!
Firstly- it is great to hear you like Kingston and want to come to us.
Secondly - don't panic.

Can I ask what subject you had applied for -as that information may help me find out what your options are. I have flagged your post and will speak to our admissions team about whether we can do anything in advance to help reasure you of your options and get back to you as soon as I can, but I need to know what you are hoping to study first.

Aside from that I would certainly recommend that you do go and look around the area you would be studying - if you have just gone on reviews- these can be very biased - and really you need to decide for yourself whether or not you feel it is right for you.

If you really feel it is not right for you, then there is still a chance you will get your firm choice, and if you don't want either - then there is Clearing. Although it is busy - if you have done your research and are prepared then you will hopefully have a good chance of getting a place.

Kind regards
Kerrie

Original post by goobypls
Basically it only took me till the 8th of July to realize that i don't want Greenwich uni as my insurance but instead Kingston uni.

I'll admit i probably didn't research properly but i thought Greenwich would be a good uni because it had good academic reviews. However I've only realized now that the area around the medway campus is depressingly bad. So i'm sat here depressed because the area is absolute trash (the uni is good though).

However Kingston seems to be a nice uni with an alright surrounding.

Yes i know this is my fault for not researching but i literally feel like my life is going down the drain if i end up at Greenwich university.

By the way i had an offer from Kingston which i declined for my insurance.

Quick Reply