The Student Room Group

Drinking too much coffee?

So...Im trying to get fit for university, so i have been hitting the gym regularly

[s]dumbells[/.
However, I find that on days where i drink coffee before my workout i have more energy, and I don't get tired as quickly compared to days where I don't drink coffee. The coffee just gives me that bit of an oomph( if you know what I mean :wink:) Im aware that coffee contains caffeine which is a drug, but drinking a cup of coffee a day is not bad right? Or am I at risk of becoming a caffeine addict?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="LarissaN;48494029"]So...Im trying to get fit for university, so i have been hitting the gym regularly

:dumbells:

A cup of coffee a day is not going to hurt you or turn you into some sort of raging addict.
Reply 2
I assure you, you'll be fine :tongue:
But you could always try green tea, it has caffeine but it's considered to be quite good for you.
Original post by Jamerson
But you could always try green tea, it has caffeine but it's considered to be quite good for you.

make sure you eat something before you have green tea though it can make you feel sick on an empty stomach. green tea is lovely though :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Jamerson

Has it got much caffeine as coffee?
Reply 5
[QUOTE="pinejuice;48494396"]make sure you eat something before you have green tea though it can make you feel sick on an empty stomach. green tea is lovely though :smile:[/QUOTE

Thanks, Im not a big fan of green tea but i will give it a try.
Reply 6
Original post by moonkatt
A cup of coffee a day is not going to hurt you or turn you into some sort of raging addict.

It's the long term effects that I am worried about.
Original post by LarissaN
It's the long term effects that I am worried about.

Like?
Reply 8
Original post by moonkatt
Like?

Mainly addiction, then there is dehydration and fatigue.
Mainly addiction, then there is dehydration and fatigue.

Form one cup a day? I honestly doubt you'll suffer any ill effect from drinking one cup of coffee a day. Millions of people around the world drink much more than that and aren't adversely affected by it.
Reply 10
Why not try Herbal Tea !:colondollar:
Reply 11
Original post by Eagle14
Why not try Herbal Tea !:colondollar:

Is that similar to Green tea?
Reply 12
Is that similar to Green tea?

It Includes: Lemongrass, green tea, nettle leaves, oat straw green, rooibos, liquorice root
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Eagle14
It Includes: Lemongrass, green tea, nettle leaves, oat straw green, rooibos, liquorice root

Where can I get some?
I'm a huge coffee addict, about 7 cups a day, I hardly sleep but other than that I feel great

I would rather have coffee than food
Reply 15
Where can I get some?

Check your Personal Massages pls
One cup of coffee every day is not an addiction that's perfectly acceptable and anyway most people drink up to three or four in their working day

Nightworld1066
I rather drink tea. :wink:
Yeah me to I love tea could drink 10-20 cups of tea and it doesn't affect my sleep as my body is used to it.

Nightworld1066
Reply 19
Drinking one cup of coffee won't make you an addict

When I was doing exam revision, I was averaging 6/7 cups a day, and still managed to come away without an addiction :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest