The Student Room Group

Access students - your final results

Sorry if there is another post about this hanging around somewhere, but I was just wondering how everyone is doing with their access courses - have most access courses finished now?

I finished a couple of weeks ago, and have my preliminary marks back but everything has to be externally examined before these can be confirmed. I believe it will be August before my college is sending the results off to unis. Is everyone else in a similar position? Does anyone know when they are expecting to get their final results/transcript/certificate etc? Good luck to all out there that is still waiting for results or still sitting exams!

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about everything... I'm fairly sure I've got the grades I need but that just means uni is getting closer and its all starting to feel a bit real! I can't wait to get confirmation from my uni (hopefully!) and start getting organised.

I hope everyone else is feeling okay now this year is coming to an end, it would be great to hear how some of you are getting on. Is anyone doing anything in particular this summer in preparation for September?

x

Scroll to see replies

You should already know your grade. My college has sent our papers off for moderation and we should be getting the transcripts this week.
Reply 2
We all had our grades from the college. The external moderator came in yesterday and verified out marks. We get a letter from the college in the next couple of weeks with our grades on to send to Uni, and our certificated late Aug/ early Sept in a graduation ceremony at the college! I know I've got me grades just want to have them on paper and send them to Uni to confirm my place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know my provisional marks, but will have quite a long wait for verification. Originally, they said we could collect our transcripts next Monday, but it's been put back by two weeks, so I'll have to wait until 28th.

I've started studying in preparation for September - trying to fill any gaps between the content of the Access course and maths/physics A Levels - and also making a start on some first year maths.
We had ours moderated externally but as practice they don't update ucas until the 1st August...

I've met my Cambridge offer, which is still crazy to think I will be going there in October! Eek!
Original post by Bright_blonde
We had ours moderated externally but as practice they don't update ucas until the 1st August...

I've met my Cambridge offer, which is still crazy to think I will be going there in October! Eek!

+Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 6
We have had our marks already, they were IV'd and EV'd pretty quickly and we have been told that we should get our transcripts by the 17th July!

I'm not sure when the uni's actually get our results though.... I was told that they get sent automatically but some people on my course have said that their uni choices have ask for the students to email copies across also?! Although mine hasn't.
Original post by Schadenfreude65
+Congratulations :biggrin:

Thank you 😁
Reply 8
60 distinctions 3 merits :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I have all mine they have been moderated just waiting by the post to see them in ink :smile:. You should know by April anyway as with our college we took more credits than needed so if you had already met the 60 credits and got what you needed for Uni by about april it was all extra credits. So I was done and dusted by April :smile:.
We had a graduation ceremony last week and were given a transcript of our grades and a letter of congratulations. The college had a meeting with the exam board the week before and everything was externally verified. So I now know that my 75 distinctions are now official.

Apparently our exam board informs the universities but not until the summer so we were advised to send a copy of our transcripts to admissions ourselves. Our certificates will be ready for us to collect on the 14th August. I really hope we don't have to wait until then to have our offers changed to unconditional. Although I know I exceeded the conditions of my offer I just want to see it in black and white that I definitely have a place to start in September.

I've made some great friends while on the course and although I'm a little worried about the age difference between me and the rest of the students on the course in Uni I'm so excited and can't wait to start.

I really can't believe how quickly this year had gone.

Good luck to anyone still waiting for confirmation of results and to everyone for the next step on your journey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally received my transcript.

Finished the course with 57 distinctions 9 merits and 6 passes.

I took some units off as it was over 60 credits, so my real result: 51 distinctions, 3 merits and 6 passes.

Over the moon :awesome:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ADAOBI123
Finally received by transcript.

Finished the course with 57 distinctions 9 merits and 6 passes.

I took some units off as it was over 60 credits, so my real result: 51 distinctions, 3 merits and 6 passes.

Over the moon :awesome:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations. :smile: I'm still waiting for my official results. :frown:
Original post by Schadenfreude65
Congratulations. :smile: I'm still waiting for my official results. :frown:

Thank you !! I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations everyone, I just wanted to say I did the access course part time over 2 years and have just finished my first year at uni with a first. This is mainly due to what I gained from the access course and how much it prepared me for uni. I won't lie it is not easy at uni but having done the access course you will be a lot more prepared than most on your courses and it is one of the most rewarding things you will do.

Good luck in your uni courses
Lindsay x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darkwater
Sorry if there is another post about this hanging around somewhere, but I was just wondering how everyone is doing with their access courses - have most access courses finished now?

I finished a couple of weeks ago, and have my preliminary marks back but everything has to be externally examined before these can be confirmed. I believe it will be August before my college is sending the results off to unis. Is everyone else in a similar position? Does anyone know when they are expecting to get their final results/transcript/certificate etc? Good luck to all out there that is still waiting for results or still sitting exams!

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about everything... I'm fairly sure I've got the grades I need but that just means uni is getting closer and its all starting to feel a bit real! I can't wait to get confirmation from my uni (hopefully!) and start getting organised.

I hope everyone else is feeling okay now this year is coming to an end, it would be great to hear how some of you are getting on. Is anyone doing anything in particular this summer in preparation for September?

x

I'm doing mine in N.Ireland, and our marking system is slightly different. we're given an overall percentage.

60 - 69% is pass with Commendation - which is equal to a merit overall
70-79% is a pass with High Commendation - which is equal to a distinction overall
80% > is a pass with goodness know what sort of commendation!!!:confused:

So far I'm sitting bang on 80%. I've still another year to do, so we'll have to see. Not bad for a 37 year old, I'm very proud of myself:clap2::excited::happy2:
Original post by kathyowen04
I'm doing mine in N.Ireland, and our marking system is slightly different. we're given an overall percentage.

60 - 69% is pass with Commendation - which is equal to a merit overall
70-79% is a pass with High Commendation - which is equal to a distinction overall
80% > is a pass with goodness know what sort of commendation!!!:confused:

So far I'm sitting bang on 80%. I've still another year to do, so we'll have to see. Not bad for a 37 year old, I'm very proud of myself:clap2::excited::happy2:

You should be proud, it is a huge achievement x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Received my transcript on Saturday, sent it electronically to my Uni and my place was confirmed today. Very happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fifimas
Received my transcript on Saturday, sent it electronically to my Uni and my place was confirmed today. Very happy :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done ! I'm still waiting for my university to reply.
Original post by lindsay2910
You should be proud, it is a huge achievement x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending