The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology Investigation

Hey I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for an investigation for advanced Biology? I was trying to think of one that overlaps with geography:smile:
It's not easy to overlap biology and geography, but I came up with some ideas:
-Lichens are known to be biological indicator of polution, so you could investigate the precesence of different types of lichens (some are more sensible than others) in different areas.
- Study bird migrations.
I have to choose my investigation when I go back to school after summer and was thinking about doing the fruit browning and prevention using the colorimeter. Anyone done this or have any tips? Other ideas for projects would be helpful too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lauren_says_hi
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for an investigation for advanced Biology? I was trying to think of one that overlaps with geography:smile:

You can do an ecology project. Wap out the quadrats and stuff and measure plant species diversity. Have a variable parameter - grazing, trampling, mounds vs hollows, deciduous vs coniferous forests etc etc.

You might need to go to a field centre to facilitate this. Or if your lucky enough to have some sort of big green space nearby, you can use that.

If you don't like plants, you could look at diversity of insects in a woodland or invertebrates in a stream (kick sampling and stuff).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
As people have already said, maybe something ecology-related would overlap with geography quite a bit? :smile:

I'm looking at the sex-linked inheritance of mutations in fruit flies. How far ahead are you guys with your project? We're just at the background research stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending