The Student Room Group
They probably get closed cause they get out of hand. And I'm sure many have jobs/education.
If you have a problem with any warnings or cards you have gotten, you can take it up in Ask A Moderator :smile: making a thread like this will just get you in trouble again
Reply 3
Original post by DivinityA
They probably get closed cause they get out of hand. And I'm sure many have jobs/education.

Yeah this, threads like the pua one were obviously going to get out of hand, so they get rightly closed.
Reply 4
Original post by holmes221
This is quite undemocratic

Where, exactly, does it say that this is a democracy?
There were some really interesting threads on here and debates and they have been taken down. One about pua another about approaching girls.

This is quite undemocratic and censorship towards your sanctimonious nature and jealousy. I've always loved TSR for its passionate thinkers and opinionated posters. Thats what makes it great. Mods that interfere should be relieved of their rank abuse. Join the real world and get a real job. :angry::angry::angry:

Threads are often deleted or cleaned up, due to rule breaking - otherwise you end up with sites where any thing goes

Also, it's not really "undemocratic" to abide by rules...

It's censorship I'll give you that, but when people join up, they agree to abide by certain rules. IF those rules are broken, they're dealt with accordingly :smile:
Reply 6
Join the real world and get a real job. :angry::angry::angry:

I believe most of us have jobs
Both of those got filled up with sexist bull**** so it's hardly surprising they were closed.
Original post by Odd socks
If you have a problem with any warnings or cards you have gotten, you can take it up in Ask A Moderator :smile: making a thread like this will just get you in trouble again

AAM is usually unsuccessful as the mods come up with all sorts of reasons that are "Just"
Original post by lilypear
AAM is usually unsuccessful as the mods come up with all sorts of reasons that are "Just"

Usually - because usually we get it right. Occasionally, we get it wrong and reverse cards :smile:
Original post by de_monies
Usually - because usually we get it right. Occasionally, we get it wrong and reverse cards :smile:

That's subjective to be fair. I've been carded a lot of times where it genuinely was (looking at it in an unbiased way) a completely ridiculous decision to card me, and I mean completely ridiculous.

The flipside of that there are a couple of things I think I should have got a straight out ban for that no one even did anything about...
Original post by Reue
I believe most of us have jobs

Don't be ridiculous - we clearly spend 24/7 doing modding :fluffy:
When you sign up to this site and post, you agree to a set of rules. Posts / Threads that infringe those rules get deleted and members who infringe those rules get warned or banned. Simple as. You agreed to the rules. If you don't like it then leave TSR, no one is stopping you.
Reply 13
Original post by Huskaris

Imagine the most socially inept people, who have been bullied and pushed around their entire life, and so as a consequence spend an unhealthy amount of time on the internet...

Or they work in IT/another job at a computer :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending