The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Applicants 2015 Entry

Hey everyone :smile:
So this thread is for anyone applying to Bath for 2015 or for deferred entry to 2016!
So I'll start by posting about me and later on if people use this thread, I'll try and make a note of everyone applying for each course.

GCSEs: 4 A*s, 3As, 2 Bs, an A in FSMQ.
Course: Natural Sciences
A-levels: Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, self-teaching further maths AS.
Predicted: A*A*AAa respectively!
AS-Level grades: AAAA

I went to the open day on the 19th and absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful city, too, and the new accommodation was so fancy :biggrin:

Spoiler

Connect to University of Bath, here!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not even a full day and you bumped your own thread twice? Isn't that a bit too eager? :wink:

GCSEs: IGCSEs 4A*s, GCSEs 3A*s, 3As
Course: Economics and Politics
A-levels: Maths, Economics, Politics, AS Latin, AS Further Maths [self-taught], EPQ
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by NikolaT
Not even a full day and you bumped your own thread twice? Isn't that a bit too eager? :wink:

GCSEs: IGCSEs 4A*s, GCSEs 3A*s, 3As
Course: Economics and Politics
A-levels: Maths, Economics, Politics, AS Latin, AS Further Maths [self-taught], EPQ

Yeah probs haha
Ooh have you done the FM already? And if yeah then why did you decide to drop it next year?
Reply 3
Original post by cerlohee
Yeah probs haha
Ooh have you done the FM already? And if yeah then why did you decide to drop it next year?

Sorry, I did AS Latin this year, I'll be commencing AS FM from September.

Already made a start on it, but you know.
Reply 4
Original post by NikolaT
Sorry, I did AS Latin this year, I'll be commencing AS FM from September.

Already made a start on it, but you know.

Oh, cool. Which modules?
Reply 5
oh, cool. Which modules?

fp1, d1, s2. :smile:
Reply 6
I'm a current student who can attempt to answer any questions if you have them.
Reply 7
Hey everyone :smile:
So this thread is for anyone applying to Bath for 2015 or for deferred entry to 2016!
So I'll start by posting about me and later on if people use this thread, I'll try and make a note of everyone applying for each course.

GCSEs: 4 A*s, 3As, 3.5 Bs, an A in FSMQ.
A-levels: Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Self-teaching further maths.
A-Level grades: Will fill out on August 14th :tongue:

I went to the open day on the 19th and absolutely loved it! Such a beautiful town, too, and the new accommodation was so fancy :biggrin:

Spoiler

Going for a 3 day taster on Monday, and will make a final decision whether to apply then, but:

GCSEs: 4A*s, 6As and an A^
Course: Mathematics
A level subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry (plus General Studies and an EPQ)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Damask-
I'm a current student who can attempt to answer any questions if you have them.

I've heard Bath is known as quite a sporty university (no Loughborough of course) is this true?

Is there space for people who mostly want to concentrate on work and academically-oriented extra curriculars?
Reply 9
Original post by NikolaT
I've heard Bath is known as quite a sporty university (no Loughborough of course) is this true?

Is there space for people who mostly want to concentrate on work and academically-oriented extra curriculars?

It's sporty without a doubt, and it has the quirks that go with that (people walking round in shorts and flip-flops with Team Bath hoodies year-round) but I'm one of those academically-oriented people you describe and I haven't really experienced much pressure to join teams etc.

Most people are involved in at least one society or sport just like at any other university (it's good being well rounded, after all) but it just so happens that here, quite a few people play competitive or just-for-fun sports.
Reply 10
Original post by TLHroolz
Going for a 3 day taster on Monday, and will make a final decision whether to apply then, but:

GCSEs: 4A*s, 6As and an A^
Course: Mathematics
A level subjects: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry (plus General Studies and an EPQ)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh let us know how it goes!!
Ooh let us know how it goes!!

On the train now... Will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
On the train now... Will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really good :smile: it was smaller than I thought, and the lake was GORGEOUS. 1405795149353.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Bath a busy place? And are there things to do? I really want to study in a place with good nightlife and things to see and do! Thanks x
Reply 15
It was really good :smile: it was smaller than I thought, and the lake was GORGEOUS. 1405795149353.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I thought it'd be much bigger than it was, too!
We sat by the lake to have our lunch and the ducks were so cheeky! They literally jumped on you to try and get your food :lol:
Reply 16
Original post by hana___xo
Is Bath a busy place? And are there things to do? I really want to study in a place with good nightlife and things to see and do! Thanks x

So I may not be able to answer this as well as a student could, but I went to a life at bath talk, and the student union seems really great- it's won a ton of awards against universities around the country. They had lots and lots of clubs you could join, really good for sport, a good number of nightclubs both run by the university but also in the city, and the prices also sounded really good :smile:
So yeah, if you wanted to have a busy life, it def seemed like a place you could do that :smile:
Plus the town's gorgeous, you know, being a WORLD HERITAGE SITE.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hana___xo

Hi, I'm a current student, but I'm not a big night club person I must say! But from what I can tell from my flat mates there are some good clubs in town, although not as many as some other university towns. However there are lots of pubs and tourist attractions in town and brilliant shops!
The town is always busy with tourists, but that means there is pretty much always an event of some kind going on. The local comedy club is good plus there is a cinema which the film club gets cheap tickets for, as well as the odeon.
hope that helps!
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me!
Bumping this thread!

You guys need to check out the new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you!

It's a new initiative to meet people who have applied for the same course as you, or people who are already on the course. It's replacing the whole stalking pages system, and its a great idea.

So could everyone get connecting! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest