The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Vulcan
:eek:

:littleang

:ssaw:
I dont like it when a girl strokes your thigh or leg in a completely innocent manner because its quite cruel to the genitals who have other ideas.
Reply 22
AnnaKatharina
:littleang:toofunny:
:eyeball:

:ssaw:

i thought you were nice and innocent and played ONLY word games. how wrong i was :eek:
Reply 23
haha sorry...did i scar you
Reply 24
AnnaKatharina
haha sorry...did i scar you

ah, no. see, i'm tough as boots is me :smile:
Reply 25
icic
Reply 26
so we'll stop shhhpamming the thread now :smile:
Reply 27
this may help your situation, and anyone else who finds they suffer from these issues..

i found out a couple of months ago that i have dyspraxia (DCD) the problem with it is i dont really know how to explain it. ita such a new thing aswell, that people dont really know how to diagnose it.

a few of the symptoms i have..

i find it aggrovating when in extremely busy places, or when there is ALOT of very bright light..
i find that if sum1 brushes past me, i'll jump, however, a firm touch is fine.
people approaching from behind, wont even be noticed untill they specifically get your atttention.

some other things are if you have issues with fiddly things, eg. buttons, or having a very tight grip on a pencil/pen which causes cramp in the hand and arm after only a short time..

i dunno if its this you may have, but if you find you suffer from any of the above symptoms, or anything similar, its prolly worth looking into. i have quite an extreme form of it, however you could just have a very small issue with it..

hopefully that may help
Reply 28
Thank you so much for all the good responses everyone. Oh and thanks for fixing the thread title admin, hehe. :smile:

Wolla
this may help your situation, and anyone else who finds they suffer from these issues..

i found out a couple of months ago that i have dyspraxia (DCD) the problem with it is i dont really know how to explain it. ita such a new thing aswell, that people dont really know how to diagnose it.

a few of the symptoms i have..

i find it aggrovating when in extremely busy places, or when there is ALOT of very bright light..
i find that if sum1 brushes past me, i'll jump, however, a firm touch is fine.
people approaching from behind, wont even be noticed untill they specifically get your atttention.

some other things are if you have issues with fiddly things, eg. buttons, or having a very tight grip on a pencil/pen which causes cramp in the hand and arm after only a short time..

i dunno if its this you may have, but if you find you suffer from any of the above symptoms, or anything similar, its prolly worth looking into. i have quite an extreme form of it, however you could just have a very small issue with it..

hopefully that may help

I'm actually a bit nervous reading that because I seem to have most of those symptoms. Like many people I hate crowds but I actually get really angry and a bit panicky when there are too many people around me. I also HATE bright light, even normal daylight is a struggle for me to go out in most of the time because I just can't stand it, I have to wear sunglasses. I'm not sure about people coming up from behind me not getting my attention, I don't think that happens very often. I do get cramp in my hand and arm really easily, which I've always put down to holding my pen in a different way to other people.

I've just looked up other symptoms for dyspraxia though and I don't think I'm particularly clumsy or poor at dressing, but I have noticed recently that I often stumble over my words and stutter a bit and sometimes I forget things easily and seem to lose my balance for no reason. I don't know if all this is worth going to the doctor about or not. :confused:

Someone here did mention something about aspergers syndrome but I don't relate to any of the symptoms. I do have a friend that has aspergers syndrome though and the thing about not liking people touching him seems to be a huge thing for him.

Anyway, thanks again everyone for relating to this, most people seem fine with being open and "touched" (sorry, sounds dodgy) all the time and I always feel a bit odd for not being like this.
Who cares if its dyspraxia...how will that help?!
Reply 30
One of my friends has a similar issue, she doesnt like to be hugged, to link arms, to hold hands or anything. She doesnt invite people to her house, ive been friends with her for years and havent once been to her house. And she has never shown any interest in boys, infact she plans to remain celebate all her life. People do find it strange, but her friends have just come to accept it. Sometimes people grab her and hold tight just to see her squirm, just for a joke. I think its unhealthy, you cant go through life avoiding contact with people, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.
Reply 31
benisright

Well I care because I need some sort of explanation for why I'm like this. I don't want to always be too uncomfortable around people, it's already damaged my life enough.
Reply 32
benisright

knowing what the issue is, usually halfs the problem.. before i got diagnosed.. life was pretty tough to come to terms with.. and no one, including me could explain why i did certain things in certain ways..

if it is dyspraxia, it could be very mild. i have it quite badly, but i dont have all the symptoms.... see my post regarding it further up, if ya want more info.. PM me your e-mail..

*edit

remember, with dyspraxia, pretty much everything you will find on the net, is in regards to children having it.. not adults..
Reply 33
Wolla
knowing what the issue is, usually halfs the problem.. before i got diagnosed.. life was pretty tough to come to terms with.. and no one, including me could explain why i did certain things in certain ways..

if it is dyspraxia, it could be very mild. i have it quite badly, but i dont have all the symptoms.... see my post regarding it further up, if ya want more info.. PM me your e-mail..

*edit

remember, with dyspraxia, pretty much everything you will find on the net, is in regards to children having it.. not adults..

Thank you Wolla. I did a search on it and noticed that a huge thing with dyspraxia is balance, which isn't something that really affects me. Some of the things I've spoken about do seem to relate to dyspraxia but as you say if I did have it it would be a very mild form. To be honest I've thought about it and I think I maybe just have to be more accepting that this is just the way I am; a very private person who doesn't like people touching her. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending