The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Problem with recrutation after foundation programme

Hello everyone

I just got my final foundation programme results and information that i'm rejected from my firm choice at Queen Mary - BSc Economics.
The reason is just 1% missing from one module.

The university has offered me to choose a course from school of mathematics instead - for example Mathematics with statistics and Economics.

The modules look quite similar to Economics, however i'm not sure if I would cope with such high-level mathematics as an major.

I have taken mathematics for economics during foundation programme and my results were various - sometimes around 50%, sometimes strong distinction.

Anyone knows how hard is the maths material on such course? My will was to study economics only.

My second choice is Business Economics at Westminister, I know it is weaker, however I have no idea if it's better to take desired course at worse university or go for difficult major at Queen Mary

Thank you for advices in advance. I have no idea what to do :frown:
Original post by mik20
Hello everyone

I just got my final foundation programme results and information that i'm rejected from my firm choice at Queen Mary - BSc Economics.
The reason is just 1% missing from one module.

The university has offered me to choose a course from school of mathematics instead - for example Mathematics with statistics and Economics.

The modules look quite similar to Economics, however i'm not sure if I would cope with such high-level mathematics as an major.

I have taken mathematics for economics during foundation programme and my results were various - sometimes around 50%, sometimes strong distinction.

Anyone knows how hard is the maths material on such course? My will was to study economics only.

My second choice is Business Economics at Westminister, I know it is weaker, however I have no idea if it's better to take desired course at worse university or go for difficult major at Queen Mary

Thank you for advices in advance. I have no idea what to do :frown:

Ask for a remark? Or talk to someone in the department they may allow it as its 1%.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply